The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Or maybe some take things too seriously.

look if it's not up for discussion what is everyone doing here?
Nobody said anyone was going to war, or kids were dying. It's a hockey message board.

not ok to point out the obvious?

lancepitlick

Nov 20, 2016
It's as if Lee (and a few posters here) have chosen to see each stupid decision or action taken in isolation so they can justify each one without considering the entire oeuvre of complete incompetence.

He literally said that it "isn't fair" to judge individual decisions as part of a broader pattern. The guy is a tool.

I've heard from someone in the know that Lee is only on air because he is willing to work for peanuts and put in crazy hours.

He's godawful. Never says anything insightful or intelligent, dominates conversation, always angry, can't discuss anything civilly, illogical takes, whiny voice, rambling personal anecdotes and everyone else seems to hate him.

Mendes looks like a goof by association alone.

Reactions: FolignoQuantumLeap

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
When you’re a disappointed Sens fan Leever Sages voice and attitude is like standing next to a smoker rocking a Dunhill at a funeral.

His ‘but you came back’ line the other day, so belittling, so arrogant, so dismissive - his attitude is ‘you are just a customer who’ll be back, it’s just market research and we'll get you back.’

Reactions: Wondercarrot

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
The radio station may not be to blame but could someone point a multi directional mike at the media asking questions? When the coach responds it's.... NO ..... huh!.... NO to what question?.... then it's.... he this, he that, he he he he he... who the heck is "he"? At the very least if you have no control over the media room setup then ask the Sens to fix this.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Wake up TSN Weekend and TSN1200!
Rick Nash has just been traded and you're talking about P.K. Subban's slotting in Nashville.
React!

Edit: Finally! 10 minutes late on this.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I'm convinced Brennan just wants to watch the world burn...and if not the world, at least Ottawa.

Best quote from Batman, I think Brennan would rather see the world be run by 4th line tough guys who go out for wings and pitchers after, but if he can voice the fans frustration and keep some momentum and help us colonoscopize Melnyck with Erik Karlsson’s hockey stick then I’m his biggest fan.

There’s no middle ground here, this is Trumpesque. Your either with Melncyk and his desire to extract profit from this fanbase, or you’re with the fans who cheer the athletes and the people who actually help and are part of the community.

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
There’s no middle ground here, this is Trumpesque. Your either with Melncyk and his desire to extract profit from this fanbase, or you’re with the fans who cheer the athletes and the people who actually help and are part of the community.
if-youre-not-go7h82.jpg

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Dorion is not the enemy, Anselmi / Leeder / Alfie are not the enemy.

We have a greed that no respect for the city of Ottawa and it’s toxic to the city and it’s fanbase, not to mention the NHL and it’s brand. Melnyck needs to go. There is no silver lining to Melnyck.

Dorion might make great hickey trades but to what end? Will Melnyk pay Rasmus Dahlen when he’s 27 years old? NO. There is no purpose to this rebuild besides inflated profit margins for a man who’s already rich and has bullied the city enough, it’s enough, he has to go.

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
Dorion is not the enemy, Anselmi / Leeder / Alfie are not the enemy.

We have a greed that no respect for the city of Ottawa and it’s toxic to the city and it’s fanbase, not to mention the NHL and it’s brand. Melnyck needs to go. There is no silver lining to Melnyck.

Dorion might make great hickey trades but to what end? Will Melnyk pay Rasmus Dahlen when he’s 27 years old? NO. There is no purpose to this rebuild besides inflated profit margins for a man who’s already rich and has bullied the city enough, it’s enough, he has to go.
I’m not saying there are any redeeming qualities to Melnyk’s current ownership, and I agree that he seems to be losing it.

However, with very very few exceptions, absolutes like you laid out make me uncomfortable, and I think only lead to problems like Trump himself.

It was an unsubtle, - perhaps unfunny- meme (isn’t that redundant?). I certainly wasn’t trying to escalate the rhetoric. Being Star Wars obsessed it was the first thing that popped in my head.

I apologize. I should have thought it through better.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I’m not saying there are any redeeming qualities to Melnyk’s current ownership, and I agree that he seems to be losing it.

However, with very very few exceptions, absolutes like you laid out make me uncomfortable, and I think only lead to problems like Trump himself.

It was an unsubtle, - perhaps unfunny- meme (isn’t that redundant?). I certainly wasn’t trying to escalate the rhetoric. Being Star Wars obsessed it was the first thing that popped in my head.

I apologize. I should have thought it through better.

Wasn’t Trump elected because people and media were tolerant of his abuse and intoxicated by how toxic he was being instead of taking a stand against a bully and a dimwit who debased the conversation to racism and sexism and we debated the merits of his racist talk instead of just turning off his mic?

You can’t sell or save Melnyck. This has no end Besides his greed. If he can’t afford to run the hockey team and continue to invest in his product then he has to go.

He can’t afford the hockey team because he’s ruined his brand, not because the fans are bad. We’re good fans, he’s a terrible owner. I don’t want 1200 getting this mixed up, this gong show isn’t on us, it’s on him. He’s pushing responsibility over to us, it’s not on us, it’s on him and solely him

Reactions: Wondercarrot

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Lee raised a good point yesterday that many people complaining about the Sens/Melnyk situation may not have been buying any or very few tickets already. He was told by a co-host that those who sent in texts and emails identified themselves as season ticket holders who claimed they would not renew next season. That remains to be seen. We'll see by the season ticket base next year if this is all a big bluff by a few. I suspect that even when Karlsson is traded (I do believe it will happen if not now then this summer) that the fans will get excited again if the younger guys are allowed to play a higher tempo game from the 1st minute on next season. Boucher's boring trap system in close score games has to end. You can see the difference in the play and excitement when they fall behind and are allowed to go for it!

Either way I'll be listening on TSN1200 and watching on TV again in the fall and if they get an arena downtown I'll probably return to the live experience 8-10 games a year.

----

Tuna99...get off CNN

RyCam

Nov 3, 2016
Lee Versage is giving me a headache, as usual.

Now he's defending security removing the fan and sign from yesterday.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Lee raised a good point yesterday that many people complaining about the Sens/Melnyk situation may not have been buying any or very few tickets already. He was told by a co-host that those who sent in texts and emails identified themselves as season ticket holders who claimed they would not renew next season. That remains to be seen. We'll see by the season ticket base next year if this is all a big bluff by a few. I suspect that even when Karlsson is traded (I do believe it will happen if not now then this summer) that the fans will get excited again if the younger guys are allowed to play a higher tempo game from the 1st minute on next season. Boucher's boring trap system in close score games has to end. You can see the difference in the play and excitement when they fall behind and are allowed to go for it!

Either way I'll be listening on TSN1200 and watching on TV again in the fall and if they get an arena downtown I'll probably return to the live experience 8-10 games a year.

----

Tuna99...get off CNN
Season ticket renewal is reported at an all time low right now

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Season ticket renewal is reported at an all time low right now

They don't have a president and with everyone pretty distracted right now it should be expected to affect new ticket sales for next season. It would be good to know how many renewals are still out in a holding pattern compared to other years as opposed to how many have actually sent back they are not renewing their seats. When do they have to answer back before the seats are released for resale. I think that might be more revealing of the backlash.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
You guys want to hear TSN 1200 tear into the franchise tune in to That’s what she said right know. Straight fire.
I'm late to the party but yeah this was crazy. hosts literally said something to the effect of "i hope they just move to seattle already". i thought it was a really unprofessional rant. it was like listening to fox news cover the sens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->