The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
I mean #MelnykOut has basically become this cities new motto at this point and Versage says he doesn't think Melnyk has a direct effect on ticket sales. I like Versage and I think he has to be smarter than to actually believe what he was saying this morning.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I mean #MelnykOut has basically become this cities new motto at this point and Versage says he doesn't think Melnyk has a direct effect on ticket sales. I like Versage and I think he has to be smarter than to actually believe what he was saying this morning.
Lee Versage is not a smart man. Some of the dumbest things I've heard on that station come out of his mouth. You can tell how mentally underdeveloped he is by how quick he is to anger. I've heard him get absolutely irate at the most inane things. I wouldn't even trust this guy to take care of my cat and dog.

Reactions: Tighthead

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I like Versage and I think he has to be smarter than to actually believe what he was saying this morning.

I think that more people need to realize that media personalities who speak out against the org too much are in serious threat of being blackballed by the team. Sports journalists who are denied access to the topic in which they are supposed to cover are not terribly employable.

It sucks, but it is what it is. Most people in the sports media here in Ottawa value their jobs more than they value the "hard-hitting questions" that will do nothing but jeopardize their careers.

Reactions: JD1

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
I think that more people need to realize that media personalities who speak out against the org too much are in serious threat of being blackballed by the team. Sports journalists who are denied access to the topic in which they are supposed to cover are not terribly employable.

It sucks, but it is what it is. Most people in the sports media here in Ottawa value their jobs more than they value the "hard-hitting questions" that will do nothing but jeopardize their careers.

I get that, and I get that with an owner as petty as ours that it won't change. I just find it infuriating that one of the main reasons for poor ticket sales can't even be brought up, even though I understand why they won't touch it.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Lee Versage is not a smart man. Some of the dumbest things I've heard on that station come out of his mouth. You can tell how mentally underdeveloped he is by how quick he is to anger. I've heard him get absolutely irate at the most inane things. I wouldn't even trust this guy to take care of my cat and dog.

This. He needs help, anger management help most of all, and also slowing down on being a devil's advocate to every single thing. I mean I tuned in around 1 p.m. and he was virtually screaming for no real reason?
Sad thing is he can be quite decent with Ian, but just needs to calm down a little.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Simmer is the best. Says exactly what I need to hear on the radio. No sugar coating his opinion on Eugene.
Goddam Eugene is an IDIOT

Reactions: Chip Chipperson

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I thought they were fairly critical of melnyk in the pregame show tonight.

They can't go off like people do here or they could accused of slander, since their opinion actually matters and reaches people.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Nothing new there. Their radio broadcast is always ridiculous like that.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I thought they were fairly critical of melnyk in the pregame show tonight.

They can't go off like people do here or they could accused of slander, since their opinion actually matters and reaches people.
They must be pretty upset by what melnyk said as well. Maybe even more upset than us here with their jobs depending on the senators pretty much. On top of being fans of the senators and/or the NHL
I loved what mendes did pregame playing back eugenes dumb comments.
High fives for 1200

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I was pretty surprised at how hard they were going after Melnyk this morning. Was nice to hear. The city is now pretty much fully against Melnyk. Even the paid shills are rallying. Did gun b gud

Reactions: Icelevel

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I was pretty surprised at how hard they were going after Melnyk this morning. Was nice to hear. The city is now pretty much fully against Melnyk. Even the paid shills are rallying. Did gun b gud

I think the biggest sign that a sale is near is that "Melnyk's paid shills" are starting to speak up about him. Lets be honest here, the station has done everything in its power to never discuss the owner up until the point where they have no choice but to do so. The Ottawa Sun is even starting to come around. Now, once Garrioch comes aboard, then we really know something is up.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Do you guys really think Melnyk will be forced to sell the team due to negative backlash? I feel like it would have to get a lot worse for us to even reach that point...we are talking about millions of dollars

Also we have had people on the boards say a sale is close or completed for a few months now but there seems to be nothing from legit insiders. If melnyk was actually selling wouldnt it be more public to garner potential buyers interest

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Do you guys really think Melnyk will be forced to sell the team due to negative backlash? I feel like it would have to get a lot worse for us to even reach that point...we are talking about millions of dollars

Also we have had people on the boards say a sale is close or completed for a few months now but there seems to be nothing from legit insiders. If melnyk was actually selling wouldnt it be more public to garner potential buyers interest

No, If you want to sell an asset you come out and say you are absolutely not interested in selling, thereby driving the price up. If you come out and openly say you want to sell and are shopping the team obviously the offers will be less lucrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->