The Official Jeff Skinner Trade Thread Drinking Game

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Only when the topics are created by other fanbases though, correct? Because we could easily create a Hurricanes auction/firesale topic on the tradeboard right now and get a slew of ridiculous proposals.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
How do we deal with subsequent offers posted within trade threads? Do we only accept the original deals offered by the thread starter and ignore all others?

My vote is we only accept offers in the first post of a new thread. And whichever hurricanes fan is first to accept is responsible for coming to this thread and updating our roster.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
How do we deal with subsequent offers posted within trade threads? Do we only accept the original deals offered by the thread starter and ignore all others?

My vote is we only accept offers in the first post of a new thread. And whichever hurricanes fan is first to accept is responsible for coming to this thread and updating our roster.

Probably the most consistent way to do it.

However, what about the posts in the thread make an offer for another Hurricanes player? Say that someone makes an offer for Faulk in a Skinner topic?

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Probably the most consistent way to do it.

However, what about the posts in the thread make an offer for another Hurricanes player? Say that someone makes an offer for Faulk in a Skinner topic?

My only concern is that it may be hard to wade through all that crap to find all the offers.

On the other hand, including those offers will help us to "improve" our roster much faster. We should probably include them as well.

Just so long as our roster here is updated to reflect them. I'd hate to trade someone a player one of you guys had already traded. I'd feel like such a fool having to go back and explain my mistake.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
How about reasonable trade offers? Ok, now that everyone is done laughing, seriously, on the offchance a legitimate proposal is posted, is it accepted or rejected?

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Seems like we'd accept the first offer for any player. Any subsequent offers for that player are moot, as they've already been traded.

For practicality's sake, we can always claim the original accepted offer was superior, and that is why we can not accept the other subsequent offers.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Are the deciders going to allow certain positions to get raided, or can you turn down proposals based on lineup composition?

For example, if both Staals are traded in deals that don't return centermen at all....are you still going to do the deal?

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Are the deciders going to allow certain positions to get raided, or can you turn down proposals based on lineup composition?

For example, if both Staals are traded in deals that don't return centermen at all....are you still going to do the deal?

Yes. We can always slot in defenseman in those spots.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario

If someone thought it was a deal that benefited us then we're obliged to do it. No doubt they've taken the time to put together a thoughtful proposal that meets our needs.

Who are we, as fans of a southern franchise, to question anyone on their hockey knowledge?

#Malone1C

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
If someone thought it was a deal that benefited us then we're obliged to do it. No doubt they've taken the time to put together a thoughtful proposal that meets our needs.

Who are we, as fans of a southern franchise, to question anyone on their hockey knowledge?

#Malone1C

Yes. Yes. Feel the hate flow through you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad