Speculation: The Official Horrible Trade Proposals Thread: Part 2, Have a Drink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
If Aho pans out center, the Canes could do worse than Aho, RNH, Staal and Kruger down the middle with Necas waiting in the wings.

Reactions: sheriff bart

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Ironically I think Rask may be the better suited player to play the #2 role behind a McDavid type as is, and RNH would be better suited to be the set-up guy for Skinner or to play on a more offense oriented role then he was asked to do last year. I'd do the trade, but with the difference in salary I wouldn't add anything at all from our end to get it done.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
If Aho pans out center, the Canes could do worse than Aho, RNH, Staal and Kruger down the middle with Necas waiting in the wings.

If Aho pans out as center, please trade one of Lindholm or Necas to the Flames, we'll give you anyone on our team even Gaudreau (But you add in this scenario).

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Lindy is going to be our top RW long-term, but I get the feeling that in about 3-4 years Rask is going to be the odd man out unless his game shifts to be another J Staal type player.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
A prospect center with 1C upside?

And some Vali Mali Sushi

I'm actually going to start getting back into making sushi rolls once I get a stable life back in Canada (Going back very soon). I'll make a Vali Maki sushi roll which would be herring roe (Herring eggs) and smoked salmon covered on the rice, with raw salmon, and raw herring on the inside. Sound good? Or should I change it up a bit?

When it comes to the actual trade, would you like Sam Bennett? I know Flames fans and our GM is high on him, but I'm not that high because I feel he's severely overshadowed by Gaudreau-Tkachuk-Monahan-Backlund. He fits better in the East as well, allows him to be more skilled.

Bennett for Necas and a prospect maybe Zykov?

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I'm actually going to start getting back into making sushi rolls once I get a stable life back in Canada (Going back very soon). I'll make a Vali Maki sushi roll which would be herring roe (Herring eggs) and smoked salmon covered on the rice, with raw salmon, and raw herring on the inside. Sound good? Or should I change it up a bit?

When it comes to the actual trade, would you like Sam Bennett? I know Flames fans and our GM is high on him, but I'm not that high because I feel he's severely overshadowed by Gaudreau-Tkachuk-Monahan-Backlund. He fits better in the East as well, allows him to be more skilled.

Bennett for Necas and a prospect maybe Zykov?

I see no reason to assume Bennett is going to be better for the Canes than Necas, especially if we have to pay more sooner and give up another prospect. I'd rather keep Necas at this point and see how he develops.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I see no reason to assume Bennett is going to be better for the Canes than Necas, especially if we have to pay more sooner and give up another prospect. I'd rather keep Necas at this point and see how he develops.

Fair enough I could understand why the Canes see Necas as the better player to keep. Just thought that since Bennett at least has proven he won't drag players down if he doesn't play with useless plugs and has so much potential maybe it's better a win-now move, but I can understand the reluctance.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Fair enough I could understand why the Canes see Necas as the better player to keep. Just thought that since Bennett at least has proven he won't drag players down if he doesn't play with useless plugs and has so much potential maybe it's better a win-now move, but I can understand the reluctance.

Canes are just not a win now team. Not yet. Better to wait until next year for those type of trades unless a fantastic deal or player comes along. While Bennett is a good player, that deal and Bennett don't meet those needs yet. I don't think the Canes will make any splash trades this year, but instead will see how guys like Roy, Gauthier and Kuokkanen do in the AHL, how Bean and Fleury do in camp/NHL, and how Necas and others develop in juniors and overseas. Then next year when they know how the moves made this year (Darling, JW, Krueger) plus development of Aho, TT and Lindholm affected the team, they probably make a bigger move.

I actually believe Francis when he's said they are happy with the guys they have going into this year.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Yup. With new ownership waiting in the wings and a stable of good young players on the rise, I think that GMRF has the needed stability to continue to build this team the right way.

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Apparently nobody in here has seen the Turris for Slavin proposal on the Trade thread....jeez I am always amused by these.

Yeah, the guy we just signed to an 8 year extension at a likely bargain price...lets trade him for your soon to be UFA...goodness gracious people.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
We're just all too busy double ******* to post.

Damn filter, not that kind of two fists action...

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Thing is, I remember that guy as being one of the more reasonable posters a couple years ago. Then he got on the kick of posting various stats which fit his viewpoint in pretty much every single thread and any discussion just leads to more stats being posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad