Music: The Official Hip-Hop Thread: Part VIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Jean Grae is a bad bad bitch. Video is pretty freakin cool too.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Agreed. I only ever like the songs that go big, but not a chance I’m going to dive deep into an album to try and find any decent songs - I tried briefly and felt like I was just wasting my time.

Same sound, same flows, same beats. Boring. Never understood why people like Migos and who else is it, Offset and ****? I could be mistaken but I avoid all of them collectively. If they have any big verse in a song I don’t **** with it, usually.

But that’s the **** that sells - a hard beat and a dude pretending like he’s going HARD, yet I don’t think anyone could even sing along because who even knows what the hell they're saying unless you got Rap Genius pulled up.

I’ll probably catch heat for this but I have the same type of feelings for Future - the YEAH YEAH pisses me off so much in songs. I like a few of his songs though and I may just need to give him more of a chance.

Not hating on anyone who likes Migos, but I feel like I’ve heard Logic change his flow more in one song than I have with Migos in all his songs combined.

Huncho Jack was also complete trash. However I did like Without Warning, Offset did great on that.

I downloaded their new album when it came out but literally the only time I will hear songs from it is on SiriusXM or if I am out somewhere. I don't care to hear the same Atlanta beat over and over again and a bunch of random words thrown in there.

Like it kills me when people get mad that Migos doesn't get nominated for Grammys. For real? Their songs have 0 meaning and generally don't stand out.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Huncho Jack was also complete trash. However I did like Without Warning, Offset did great on that.

I downloaded their new album when it came out but literally the only time I will hear songs from it is on SiriusXM or if I am out somewhere. I don't care to hear the same Atlanta beat over and over again and a bunch of random words thrown in there.

Like it kills me when people get mad that Migos doesn't get nominated for Grammys. For real? Their songs have 0 meaning and generally don't stand out.

I watch interviews of rappers/artists and stuff because it gives you a whole new view of their music when you know their meaning of the lyrics, or how those lyrics came about and how they were raised etc.

When Migos and his little posse were on the breakfast club, they may as well have been interviewing a wall. Those idiots can’t even form a coherent sentence, so not surprised they mumble garbage in their songs.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Freaky Friday is catchy as f***, not an amazing song but it's catchy. But the part where he realizes he can say the N word had me dying

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I watch interviews of rappers/artists and stuff because it gives you a whole new view of their music when you know their meaning of the lyrics, or how those lyrics came about and how they were raised etc.

When Migos and his little posse were on the breakfast club, they may as well have been interviewing a wall. Those idiots can’t even form a coherent sentence, so not surprised they mumble garbage in their songs.

Duh it luh like I was left off bad and boujee

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Duh it luh like I was left off bad and boujee

I actually just watched that again. How f***ing hilarious. Joe Budden calling Quavo, Quavius had me rolling on the ground. Saying they wore blouses too.

Also their diss on Budden was so bad and then Budden said that’s the most fluent they have ever spoken and then mocked how he said it to a tee.

Man I hate these idiots. Such garbage music.

Reactions: Voight

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I put 6ix9ine in the he's so bad he's good category.

His stuff does get you hype. I much rather listen to him than Keef, Lil Pump, etc.

The fact almost all of his songs are less than 3 minutes helps a lot too.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
glad he's doing a video for Framed. Thought it was the best song on the entire album and was more of the old school Em. He actually rode a beat and didn't have that shitty, choppy ass flow (Chloraseptic remix too).

Tyler keeps killing it

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I was 50/50 on Starboy, but his EP was really enjoyable. That's the type of sound that got me into him all those years ago.

I already gushed over OKRA. Also enjoyed Future's release last night and Rich The Kid's I'm so-so on. Was so pumped listening to the Future + Q song on Kolorblind.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Abel absolutely killed it. My favorite project by him.

I Was Never There and Hurt You are just perfect b2b. Sounds like one track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad