Music: The Official Hip-Hop Thread: Part VIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Black Panther album is pretty incredible. Excellent job by Kenrick, TDE and all involved. They clearly put a lot of effort into this. Feels like a Kendrick album but with so many other guest features getting their own tracks.

The Ways by Khalid and Swae Lee is vibey as ****.

Opps by Vince Staples and Yugen Blakrok is bangy as ****.

There isn't a track I am not in love with.

I am a homer for SZA. Her song is so lush and atmospheric and then the next track immediately owns me with Q. It's a great time.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
This Nipsey Hustle album is poppin...

That being said, The beat for hussle and motivate is straight up stolen off hard knock life by Jay Z lmao (which I’m sure sampled something). Just kinda funny

Last edited:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I like a few of Migos songs but I can only listen to the same sound of music so long. Just never been able to f*** with Migos, I know I’m likely the only one but just can never turn on a song and vibe to it because it literally annoys me.

If I gave him a chance I might like more but just nah

A hard beat and then words mashed together like hdjajsjdhjs jejdjwj skeet skeet hadjiwjwnndjsk word jsjdjqjne YEAH uurueuwhbdjdi YA YA

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
This Nipsey Hustle album is poppin...

That being said, The beat for hussle and motivate is straight up stolen off hard knock life by Jay Z lmao (which I’m sure sampled something). Just kinda funny

nice! I didn't even know he dropped something new. have been listening to the Marathon and the Marathon continues the past couple days.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
New logic bangs, I know a lot of people didn't really like it but personally I love it. Better than the first bobby tarantino and definitely better than everybody.

Also thanks to whoever posted killy in this thread a while back, really into him now

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Really loving Bobby Tarantino II. Also been watching Logic interviews and it’s made me love his music even more - dude is legit just the coolest ever.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I like a few of Migos songs but I can only listen to the same sound of music so long. Just never been able to **** with Migos, I know I’m likely the only one but just can never turn on a song and vibe to it because it literally annoys me.

If I gave him a chance I might like more but just nah

A hard beat and then words mashed together like hdjajsjdhjs jejdjwj skeet skeet hadjiwjwnndjsk word jsjdjqjne YEAH uurueuwhbdjdi YA YA

Me and you both.

Their albums are basically all the same beats/theme with 4 or 5 hits mixed in. The only songs I really care for are the club/radio hits like Bad & Boujee.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Me and you both.

Their albums are basically all the same beats/theme with 4 or 5 hits mixed in. The only songs I really care for are the club/radio hits like Bad & Boujee.

Agreed. I only ever like the songs that go big, but not a chance I’m going to dive deep into an album to try and find any decent songs - I tried briefly and felt like I was just wasting my time.

Same sound, same flows, same beats. Boring. Never understood why people like Migos and who else is it, Offset and shit? I could be mistaken but I avoid all of them collectively. If they have any big verse in a song I don’t f*** with it, usually.

But that’s the shit that sells - a hard beat and a dude pretending like he’s going HARD, yet I don’t think anyone could even sing along because who even knows what the hell they're saying unless you got Rap Genius pulled up.

I’ll probably catch heat for this but I have the same type of feelings for Future - the YEAH YEAH pisses me off so much in songs. I like a few of his songs though and I may just need to give him more of a chance.

Not hating on anyone who likes Migos, but I feel like I’ve heard Logic change his flow more in one song than I have with Migos in all his songs combined.

Reactions: tacogeoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->