Music: The Official Hip-Hop Thread: Part VIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Yeah Culture II is pretty much exactly as I expected. A few good tracks but most of it filler that sounds the same.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
The last episode of the Arsenio Hall show before it was cancelled. This was the only mainstream TV show that had live rap music on all the time. Those were the days

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
The last episode of the Arsenio Hall show before it was cancelled. This was the only mainstream TV show that had live rap music on all the time. Those were the days

I'm not trying to start an old vs new debate because I love modern hip hop but seriously, listen to how GOOD these guys sound live. I feel like (maybe erroneously) popular live rap music has lost some of its clarity and punch when performed live.

Seems like a lot of dudes play a vocal overlay and kinda chime in here and there when they see fit. I'm not really criticizing that technique but I just love how this video sounds.

Its one of the reasons why prime DMX is one of my all time favorites. His live vocals are so raw and profound.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I'm not trying to start an old vs new debate because I love modern hip hop but seriously, listen to how GOOD these guys sound live. I feel like (maybe erroneously) popular live rap music has lost some of its clarity and punch when performed live.

Seems like a lot of dudes play a vocal overlay and kinda chime in here and there when they see fit. I'm not really criticizing that technique but I just love how this video sounds.

Its one of the reasons why prime DMX is one of my all time favorites. His live vocals are so raw and profound.
It was about having the best lyrics then.Now it's your image that makes you famous.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
don't know where this belongs. but I was blown away at the creativity of this guy! very solid work. worth a listen

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Late to the party on this one, but have been listening to 2 Chainz "Pretty Girls Like Trap Music" obsessively these past 2 weeks. It's so good.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
As expected, Rich Brians first album is dope, really liking the beats on it

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Yeah Culture II is pretty much exactly as I expected. A few good tracks but most of it filler that sounds the same.
That's the business model, make a million singles, see which ones can rack up streams, get money. Having a more cohesive album where some tracks wouldn't get the plays is a dead business model.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Black Panther album is pretty incredible. Excellent job by Kenrick, TDE and all involved. They clearly put a lot of effort into this. Feels like a Kendrick album but with so many other guest features getting their own tracks.

The Ways by Khalid and Swae Lee is vibey as f***.

Opps by Vince Staples and Yugen Blakrok is bangy as f***.

There isn't a track I am not in love with.

Reactions: Monabae
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad