Music: The Official Hip-Hop Thread: Part VIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don't understand why he'd name the album "Revival" knowing full on that his fanbase and hip-hop fans in general would think "damn, is Em gonna put something more non-commercial together and just rap" only to turn around and have this track list, and not even include a single feature with either Dre, 50, Kendrick or Royce. I just don't understand the thought process behind this. All that hype gone. Phresher got the only rap feature. Like what?

I can't help but remember of when Tyler said why won't someone who loves him (Em) tell him no lol.

Last edited:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Any good bars Eminem may have had with "Untouchable" is undone by the production for the first half of the song imo with that rap-rock bullshit.

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
Any good bars Eminem may have had with "Untouchable" is undone by the production for the first half of the song imo with that rap-rock bull****.
The first half is **** but the second half is good enough where i’ve had some confidence regained in that this album could be decent.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The first half is **** but the second half is good enough where i’ve had some confidence regained in that this album could be decent.
On first listen I legitimately couldn't make it to the second part. I only made it through after hearing about the beat switch. It's better. I just don't like the production in the first half, it feels very choppy. I get what he's going for with the first half being from a white cop's perspective and second half being from a black rapper's perspective, but the first half is still very choppy.

Last edited:

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I wasn't a huge fan of Walk on Water, but I didn't hate it and could see where it could fit well on an album.

Untouchable is genuinely awful. The instrumental is just awful, and Eminem's rapping is as terrible as I've ever heard.

My level of care for this Eminem album is close to zero. I see a lot more garbage stadium anthems and made for mid 2000's radio tracks.
That said, I'm a little surprised we haven't seen a music video or a little more commercialization for things like his Ed Sheeran or Pink collaborations, as cringey as they may end up.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I wasn't a huge fan of Walk on Water, but I didn't hate it and could see where it could fit well on an album.

Untouchable is genuinely awful. The instrumental is just awful, and Eminem's rapping is as terrible as I've ever heard.

My level of care for this Eminem album is close to zero. I see a lot more garbage stadium anthems and made for mid 2000's radio tracks.
That said, I'm a little surprised we haven't seen a music video or a little more commercialization for things like his Ed Sheeran or Pink collaborations, as cringey as they may end up.
one theory from a YouTuber I watch is that Em has his message for the album (political) and has seen other rappers do it to not as much response as it probably should get which is why he got those mainstream features on there to get more ears.

whether that's the case or not, it's a shame Em has fallen off so much so while his newer fanbase will probably still enjoy it, the older ones won't.

tbh I'm kinda just waiting for that American Dream feature with Kendrick and Cole and waiting for Q to drop his new project, or at least announce a date.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I do see that a little bit, but to me if you really wanted to sell albums you would drop a MV or something. Untouchable and Walk on Water have both been pretty low-key releases, Em could have gotten a lot more attention by having a MV with Beyonce for Walk on Water.

I don't really get what his strategy is. Perhaps Em has a really great idea that he's working on and this album will come through in a lot of unexpected ways. Perhaps it will be as horrible as the tracklist seems to indicate. Perhaps there might be another twist to this whole debacle, but right now I think that a lot of people (myself included) are considering jumping off of the Eminem train if we get another bad album.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
watch it be a bad-to-meh album and then he drops a sick deluxe addition in a few months that has features with 2 Chainz, Kendrick, Dre, etc. lmao

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Eminem's album dropped and it's probably his worst project to date (it's around Encore-level). There's a ton of cringey lines on the album. One is about starting from the bottom like a snowman, and another is about being in a pickle and having to 'dill' with it. He's also trying out Migos flows and styles that just aren't him.

I'm a big fan, I liked MMLP2. But what is he doing?

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Joe Budden's take on the Eminem song that dropped was very spot on. I don't believe it either, smells like a very formulated plot to pander to black people. And Eminem seems totally out of touch, tbh.

Last edited:

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Joe Budden's take on the Eminem song that dropped was very spot on. I don't believe it either, smells like a very formulated plot to pander to black people. And Eminem seems totally out odd touch, tbh.

That was my first thought as well. I could barely listen to the track because it sounded like he was only doing it to get respect from the community.

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
Eminem's album dropped and it's probably his worst project to date (it's around Encore-level). There's a ton of cringey lines on the album. One is about starting from the bottom like a snowman, and another is about being in a pickle and having to 'dill' with it. He's also trying out Migos flows and styles that just aren't him.

I'm a big fan, I liked MMLP2. But what is he doing?
It wouldn’t say it was Encore level bad. Some of the lines were ultra corny, especially on “Remind Me” and “Heat”. There were some tracks I really dug first listen though.

I’m very in between on this album. Not sure how I feel quite yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->