The Official CHL draft!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pulfy14

May 11, 2004
VanIslander said:
Suggestion: Have eight teams make the playoffs. Hold a quick poll after the draft and ask the question: Which team wouldn't make the playoffs? It adds some drama before the playoff pool too. And keeps things simple and fair.
Great idea thats exactly what im gonnado thanks :handclap:

ORBluesFan

Jul 31, 2003
Portland, OR
VanIslander said:
And they had the first pick of the second round! A great draft position IMO.

Great only if I had had a chance at a guy like Ovechkin; of course since he was available right before your pick, and then I have to watch the top 10 or so non-CHL players disappear after having watched the top 8 CHL players disappear, not sure the position is that great. But I'm not bitter ;)

Nevertheless you argument is correct, unless of course one team essentially gets a bye to the finals and the other 8 duke it out for the final spot. Your suggestion is the best way to go to eliminate someone.

Though posting a poll where all teams are listed and expecting them to be waded through might be a lot. I might suggest that each of us drafting would pick the 3 teams we think are the lowest rated, and the top 3 vote getters from that poll be posted for an elimination.

Pulfy14

May 11, 2004
monster_bertuzzi said:
And now I will take Andrei Meszaros.
Sorry i Pm you i didnt see your first pick. Yopu are not really up. Randomcanuckfan is up

Pulfy14

May 11, 2004
Mississauga Ice Dogs are proud to select Dyland Hunter from the London Knights. He currently has 95 points!!

Pulfy14

May 11, 2004
RULE CHANGE:
You are aloud to pick 3 players not from the CHL that are from 16-23years old

If you think this is unfair its not because were just starting the fifth round and evryone will have an equal chance. Complain all you want the rulesare not going to change and this is the last rule change!!!

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
This is horse ****. Windsor has already won this draft. You should have made the rules more clear from the beginning of the draft Leafs_fan.

Count me out....my players are now up for grabs.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
monster_bertuzzi said:
This is horse ****. Windsor has already won this draft. You should have made the rules more clear from the beginning of the draft Leafs_fan.

Count me out....my players are now up for grabs.
It does feel entirely unfair, even though I got Ovechkin from an earlier SUDDEN major rule change.

Count me out too.

(Unless we go back to the beginning of round two with the new rules (that way the guy who drafted last in the first round gets first crack at the Ovechkins, Kovalchuks, etc)

Suggestion: Start the whole thing over. It's still very early in the draft.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
monster_bertuzzi said:
Yet another reason why I want nothing more to do with this draft...
And Brampton is supposed to get only one pick, because he already picked for the last round, unless he wants to undo a previous round's draft pick (new rule change?)

Come on, nuke this and start all over: a clean slate with unchanging rules.

RandomCanuckFan

Jan 23, 2005
this is stupid. if you're gonna run a draft then make the rules known at the beginning. the first one wasn't that bad because most of the proven NHLers are over 20 so you wouldn't get one. But then to make another one with age 23...that's just dumb. Count me out as well, unless you're starting over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->