Prospect Info: The OFFICIAL CFHF Flames Prospect Rankings. Top 20 Complete.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
This prospect pool is.. not great. There's a lot of individuals I like on that list but most of them I would still consider longshots. If we do end up moving out a semi-significant roster player at the trade deadline or whatever I hope we target a higher floor forward prospect or two rather than just picks.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
This year's results:

1. Juuso Valimaki (69.2%)(E)
2. Dillon Dubé (72.4%)(+1)
3. Oliver Kylington (52.5%)(+1)
4. Jakob Pelletier (65.6%)(NR)
5. Mathias-Emilio Pettersen (69.0%)(NR)
6. Martin Pospisil (23.1%:39.3%)(+14)
7. Matthew Phillips (37.0%:68.5%)(+2)
8. Ilya Nikolaev (33.3%)(NR)
9. Adam Ruzicka (33.3%)(+4)
10. Dmitry Zavgorodniy (45.0%)(+9)
11. Tyler Parsons (40.0%)(-6)
12. Milos Roman (30.4%)(+4)
13. Dustin Wolf (39.1%)(NR)
14. Filip Sveningsson (52.2%)(NR)
15. Artyom Zagidulin (42.1%)(NR)
16. Alexander Yelesin (31.8%)(NR)
17. Glenn Gawdin (58.8%)(-5)
18. Demetrios Koumontzis (50.0%)(NR)
19. Eetu Tuulola (78.6%)(-1)
20. Luke Philp (53.3%)(NR)

halfway through the season, what's the top 10 looking like?
who are the biggest risers? biggest disappointments?

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
halfway through the season, what's the top 10 looking like?
who are the biggest risers? biggest disappointments?
Not a big prospect guy but I think Wolf and Philp would improve, Pelletier could take over Kylington but I find it unlikely. I feel like Roman would move down slightly, Zagidulin might overtake Sveningson, perhaps Gawdin also leapfrogs to behind Zag and ahead of Sveningson. Pospisil being injured right now might hurt his status, with Phillips, Nikolayev, and Ruzicka all producing. Zavgorodniy is hard to pin down because he plays with Lafreniere but that is still a ton of points that he is producing.

Reactions: neelynugs

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
I consider Kylington and Dube graduated at this point and my new top 10 would probably look like.

1. Valimaki
2. Pelletier
3. Phillips
4. Emilio-Peterssen
5. Zav
6. Wolf
7. Gawdin
8. Nikolaev
9. Ruzicka
10. Parsons/Sveningsson

I think we still pick up too many, mediocre players in the mid rounds. Too many guys who can be all but written off by their d+2 season, look at the Canes last draft. Will all of them turn out? Nope, but at least they aren't all regressing/stalling in their post draft years. I liked 2015 and 2016 but the Flames last few years have been meh outside of the 1st round for me, partially because we had very few picks (Lazar, Hamonic and Stone yay).

The Leafs draft very well too.

Last edited:
Reactions: InfinityIggy

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I consider Kylington and Dube graduated at this point and my new top 10 would probably look like.

1. Valimaki
2. Pelletier
3. Phillips
4. Emilio-Peterssen
5. Zav
6. Wolf
7. Gawdin
8. Nikolaev
9. Ruzicka
10. Parsons/Sveningsson

I think we still pick up too many, mediocre players in the mid rounds. Too many guys who can be all but written off by their d+2 season, look at the Canes last draft. Will all of them turn out? Nope, but at least they aren't all regressing/stalling in their post draft years. I liked 2015 and 2016 but the Flames last few years have been meh outside of the 1st round for me, partially because we had very few picks (Lazar, Hamonic and Stone yay).

Meh, thats what happens when you have so few picks. Phillips, Peterssen, Zav, and Wolf are quite a bit better than above average 6/7th round picks. You can't expect a lot of hits late, and again having so few picks makes it worse.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Meh, thats what happens when you have so few picks. Phillips, Peterssen, Zav, and Wolf are quite a bit better than above average 6/7th round picks. You can't expect a lot of hits late, and again having so few picks makes it worse.
I like the late round picks. Lately we seem to suck in the 4th and 5th rounds, I think we could make more out of our picks by taking guys who've actually shown something rather than taking guys who are unlikely to hit their low upside. I'm not even talking about getting a constant stream of steals I just want them to give us someone who at least is a good prospect even if they never become an NHLer.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

1. Valimaki
2. Pelletier
3. Phillips
4. Emilio-Peterssen
5. Zav
6. Wolf
7. Gawdin
8. Nikolaev
9. Ruzicka
10. Parsons/Sveningsson

what's up with pospisil? kind of an interesting guy, but haven't followed him a lot
this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad