OT: The Off-Topic Thread XX: La fiesta española

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I grew up watching European hockey, but I just noticed I've 100% transformed into an NHL fan. Olympic size rink just looks weird and NHL rinks look normal

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I still have six months of my fixed-term contract left, but today my boss offered a permanent position with a raise (not as much as I asked for though). I didn't say yes immidiately, because of few work related things, and I'm still unsure what to do. I don't have any other options yet, but there's this feeling that grass might be greener on the other side of the fence :help:

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
There's one project that lasts until late next year where I'm supposed to be the PM. While I could leave any day, I don't like the idea of committing into something and then leave it to others to finish if I find something that looks better. If it wasn't for this, signing new contract would be the obvious choice.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
We need more humour in here.

BestConsiderateHorsemouse-size_restricted.gif

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
God damn I love when e-services work. It took me less than 90min to drive from work to a shopping mall near my home, get my photo taken for passport, drive home, apply and pay for the passport. Photo was automatically sent from photographer to the Police IT system, and I got a SMS code to use in my passport application, that automatically attached the photo to application.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
It's nice when services like that finally get with the times and use technology to make things easier for everyone.

And then you come across services that refuse to adapt and it's frustrating as hell. A few years ago I applied for a resident card in Hong Kong and part of the process was an in person interview. But... I live in Canada. Can't we Skype, Facetime, or even do it over the phone? Nope. Alright fine, I'll come back for the interview then. I missed the interview because they allocated the time for me and mailed me the information, which took like 2 or 3 weeks to arrive, even though they had my email address on the application. Then I missed the rescheduled interview because of the same circumstances.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
My thoughts go out to those in Cuba and Santa Fe, Texas today. What a shitty day.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Oh man, I didn't even hear about the Cuba news until now. :(
Honestly, I blame the US. With the embargo, it's difficult for Cuban airlines to get newer planes or even part to fix the ones they do have. Until it is lifted, flying with a Cuban airline is just going to continue to get more and more dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad