OT: The Off-Topic Thread XX: La fiesta española

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB
Hey - so a question about the skills competition / Hitmen game today - is there re-entry between the events? I'd like to catch about 45 minutes of skills, go for a late lunch/early dinner, and be back for the Hitmen game. Do they do "scan-in-scan-out" at the Saddledome?

Anyone know?

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Actual footage of me during this bye week...

source.gif

trv

Nov 4, 2014
Didsbury
Hey just curious -are any of you folks about to get [mod] jerked around by Walton International like I am?

Last edited by a moderator:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Today was the NBA trade deadline, and there was some insanity going on.
Cavs literally turned over their team, and also helped their biggest competition in the offseason gather the cap space to go after their main FA.

It would literally be like if the NYI traded with the Canadiens; to acquire Shaw and Alzner.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Cavs literally turned over their team, and also helped their biggest competition in the offseason gather the cap space to go after their main FA.

It would literally be like if the NYI traded with the Canadiens; to acquire Shaw and Alzner.
If only the NHL trade deadline had 1/10th of today's craziness.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

Weird.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta

Were they out of a playoff hunt or something? What was the reasoning for this?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Were they out of a playoff hunt or something? What was the reasoning for this?

They made a horrible, horrible move in the offseason, and the team was unravelling with a bunch of old vets that look like an all-star team from 2009.

They were closer to the bottom of playoffs the East than the top of the East. They were still a playoff lock with LeBron... but they were going to get eaten a live. Second worst defensive rating in the league.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
They made a horrible, horrible move in the offseason, and the team was unravelling with a bunch of old vets that look like an all-star team from 2009.

They were closer to the bottom of playoffs the East than the top of the East. They were still a playoff lock with LeBron... but they were going to get eaten a live. Second worst defensive rating in the league.

So did this move make them better (on paper at least)? Kinda interesting move.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
So did this move make them better (on paper at least)? Kinda interesting move.
They got more younger and athletic, so hypothetically better. Although in one of their trades they helped the Lakers clear cap space which will help the Lakers make a run at LeBron in the summer and in that same trade with the Lakers they also gave them a 1st round pick, so while they technically got a bit better today, they might've also helped out their competition to sign (re-sign in their case) LeBron in the off-season. It made the day lots of fun to follow on twitter to see the whole rundown, it'd be awesome if the NHL's trade deadline ever got this crazy.

Also, here's a summary of the players they brought in/moved out today.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
So far today I've watched 4-5 hours Olympics, 2 Premier League games, and one Rugby Six Nations game. Another rugby game just started, after that it'll be Philly - Ottawa for couple of hours before the Flames game :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad