OT: The Off-Topic Thread XVIIII: Roman Numeral Party

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
After spending the last 5 out of 6 weekends driving between my old and new hometown I finally managed to move the last of my stuff today. Feels good, and I'm starting to get really comfortable with my job: good company, nice co-workers, lots of interesting stuff going on etc.

Getting a new job and moving was the best thing I've done in the last 10 years or so.

On the negative side, I only managed to watch one SCF game and I have no idea what's going in NHL in general.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
After spending the last 5 out of 6 weekends driving between my old and new hometown I finally managed to move the last of my stuff today. Feels good, and I'm starting to get really comfortable with my job: good company, nice co-workers, lots of interesting stuff going on etc.

Getting a new job and moving was the best thing I've done in the last 10 years or so.

On the negative side, I only managed to watch one SCF game and I have no idea what's going in NHL in general.
Flames lost, thus hockey sucks. That is all we need to know.

Also, I am glad things are working out

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Also, I am glad things are working out

Thanks man.

Things are working out so nicely that is seems like its not even possible :laugh:
I'm gonna start cycling to work (11km one way) next week so I might post something positive to Healthy living thread in few weeks.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary

Drouin was traded to MTL.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
II was traded to the Knights board.

tenor.gif

Dread Pirate Roberts

Jul 2, 2008
Mountain West
Pens fan here with sort of a weird question. For those of you who live or have lived in Alberta, how often do you use French in your daily life? I tried google and mostly got statistics. Statistics can be useful, but they don't give me a picture of a person's actual life.

Thanks in advance.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Pens fan here with sort of a weird question. For those of you who live or have lived in Alberta, how often do you use French in your daily life? I tried google and mostly got statistics. Statistics can be useful, but they don't give me a picture of a person's actual life.

Thanks in advance.
For the most part if you aren't in a metis community, the use of french is pretty much non-existent

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta

Thanks in advance.

I've lived in Alberta all my life and the only time I'm regularly exposed to French is when I'm in the grocery store and I grab something which has the English side facing away from me.

Unless you work in a government position that regularly works with people from the east, you'll almost never use it here.

For the most part if you aren't in a metis community, the use of french is pretty much non-existent

I didn't even know they used French in the Metis community.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB

Thanks in advance.

I spoke some French was when I was in Fort McMurray because my boss at the time was from Quebec, but even then, it was in a pretty limited capacity. Other than that, my use of French in daily life is zero.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

Thanks in advance.

Personally, never. Although even Alberta has its pockets of French speaking communities such as Beaumont, Falher and Plamondon.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

Thanks in advance.

I use it every time I order poutine, or haricots verts (green beans) at a fancy restaurant.

I found it's more prominent in northwest Alberta - being from "none" to "a bit", but by no means is it necessary.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Did they change some of the sponsor privileges? Earlier I was able to see who was online, now I cannot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad