Status
Not open for further replies.

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
I voted they'll wait until september.
The whole process has been screwed up so badly it stands to reason that they'll waste the free time they have now rather than put it to good use. :shakehead

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
snakepliskin said:
here is my latest solution for the owners-accept the nhlpa deal w/ the rollback and luxury tax and start the season on time-right now there are over 300 free agents and a lot of them were making substantial money--if a guy was making 3 mill before his contract expired offer him 1 mill take it or leave it and i am sure some teams like the rangers leafs avs and wings will continue to pay thru the nose but with roster limits they cannot sign them all to rediculous contracts-if the union will not bargain on a cap then each owner should impose his own cap on his team and if one of his guys don't like his offer kick his arse out the door-i would really like to see some of these prima donnas sit out because no team would offer them what "they think" they are worth. if i owned a team there is no union on earth that could tell me how much or how little i can pay my employees--i would really like to see a team offer bobby holik what he is really worth (500k) and see his reaction

that's what's been going on already. and detroit would spend at 49 (soft cap?) and maybe beyond. Nashville being at about 20 doesn't feel they can compete with that. hence this mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->