GDT: The NHL Trade Deadline: More Trades Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
I feel good about Maroon bringing some garbage goals. Park it in front and f***ing score. Nobody here does that now. I think he’ll slide into the role we wanted Hayes to have but will actually do well in that role.

Reactions: mrjiggyfly

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Based on the 5 Olympic games, he has less than "much" left. He looked bad, really bad.
Outside of a couple plays in his first game (probably because he was so much fresher than everybody else who have been playing all year long) I thought so too.

Did he even have a point?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I feel good about Maroon bringing some garbage goals. Park it in front and ****ing score. Nobody here does that now. I think he’ll slide into the role we wanted Hayes to have but will actually do well in that role.
Yeah that’s my thinking.

He’s an upgrade to Hayes, who not only barely brings any offense, but he also does nothing else good. Maroon isn’t a liability when he’s not scoring. Hayes definitely is.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Outside of a couple plays in his first game (probably because he was so much fresher than everybody else who have been playing all year long) I thought so too.

Not that I remember. Boston can’t even use the vet experience excuse with the guys on their roster literally winning a cup already.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

No. But worse than that he just didnt look crisp at all.

I cant recall a time I thought, "really nice play by Gionta", and I watched all 5 games start-to-finish.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
That fact that Lundqvist is okay with sticking in NY knowing he has zero chance at a cup in his career now ( as a starter anyway at the very least ) just goes the show the loser he is and the loser mentality he has. More concerned with his kushy NYC lifestyle and endorsements than winning.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
That fact that Lundqvist is okay with sticking in NY knowing he has zero chance at a cup in his career now ( as a starter anyway at the very least ) just goes the show the loser he is and the loser mentality he has. More concerned with his kushy NYC lifestyle and endorsements than winning.

I’d say he should be commended for his loyalty to one club knowing they’re rebuilding while he is about to turn 36. Don’t like the guy but I will always respect that over pulling a Bourque.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I’d say he should be commended for his loyalty to one club knowing they’re rebuilding while he is about to turn 35. Don’t like the guy but I will always respect that over pulling a Bourque.
I agree.

At the same time though, maybe he is open to getting out. His contract just kind of sucks, as it's $8.5 million for 3 (I think 3?) more years? Then it's a question of, what teams that are a cup contender can afford him at that price? The one team that is just screaming is St. Louis, as they don't have a goalie worth a damn, outside of their backup who is playing WAY over his head this year. A team like the Flyers or Islanders could probably use him, but I don't think he makes them cup contenders (definitely not the Islanders) and then you also have to take into account that he's not bad, but he's probably not that great anymore and he's turning 36 in a few days.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

Winning is not everything to everybody. I'm sure he wants to win, but if he'd rather stick it out with the only team he's ever played for, or if he's just comfortable being where he is, who are we to criticize? These players are human beings with families and lives they may not want to uproot to go play somewhere else.

Reactions: R8NJ and Nubmer6

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I’d say he should be commended for his loyalty to one club knowing they’re rebuilding while he is about to turn 36. Don’t like the guy but I will always respect that over pulling a Bourque.

Yeah it's a bit hypocritical of us to mock Lundqvist as a fanbase for staying in NY when we still sneer at Marty's six games in St. Louis and mock Bourque parachuting into a great team to get his Cup.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

I think he would have been traded but no one wants to take on his contract.

But, we can't say he has no chance at a Cup there.

Lots can happen in a season or two.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
When Marty was Henrik's age he was still playing 77 games a season and winning 45 games.

The Rangers just undercut Lundqvist's career. Say what you want about the old regime but they never would've let that happen to Marty. There was a commitment to winning that was largely a commitment to their players.

I personally think blowing up the Rangers is a disgrace and a lack of commitment to players like Krieder, Lundqvist, Shattenkirk.

And what a ridiculous dismantling it was...who blows up a team by trading a 24 year old JT Miller and a 28 year old # 1 D? That's just plain stupid. Those are pieces you keep to rebuild.

If any other team did this everyone would be writing about what terrible place to play that City was and how no Free Agents should ever go there because of the lack of commitment to their players.

I wonder how Shattenkirk feels this morning? Good thing he took the shorter deal.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I just now woke up and found out McDonagh was traded yesterday.

After making a post about how I figured a lot of those names like Karlsson, Pacioretty and McDonagh wouldn’t be traded until the draft.

How the hell did I miss that? I even got the notification text at 5:32 yesterday, but it was buried in between the Patrick Maroon notifications hahahahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->