The NHL is evil: The union is good

Status
Not open for further replies.

oilers_guy_eddie

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS!?
Feb 27, 2002
This is Oil Country!
Visit site
Is "Slap Shots" Larry Brooks? When he says "Slap Shots has learned that..." does he really mean "I heard that..."? If not, to whom does "Slap Shots" refer? If so, isn't it kind of weird to talk about yourself in the third person? Isn't it even weirder to refer to yourself as "Slap Shots"? What is the origin of this name? Is that what Mrs Brooks calls him? Considering the content of most of his articles, would "Slap Nutz" be a better nickname? I always find myself wondering these things when I read a Larry Brooks article.

Larry Brooks... international man of mystery.

chara

Mar 31, 2004
Devilsfanatic said:
http://www.nypost.com/sports/33013.htm

lol.......Larry Brooks, what a chump.

Agreed.

This union is not the same as the Steelworker union, for example, where the average guy makes just enought to pay the bills and maybe puts something aside for their kids education.

This should not be confused with a member of the NHLPA, who made $1.8M last year, put filet mignon on the table and sent his kids to private schools.

Brooks is nothing but a butt kisser. Kiss butt now, get better interviews later. What a gutless jerk.

Onion Boy

Jan 29, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
oilers_guy_eddie said:
Is "Slap Shots" Larry Brooks? When he says "Slap Shots has learned that..." does he really mean "I heard that..."? If not, to whom does "Slap Shots" refer? If so, isn't it kind of weird to talk about yourself in the third person? Isn't it even weirder to refer to yourself as "Slap Shots"? What is the origin of this name? Is that what Mrs Brooks calls him? Considering the content of most of his articles, would "Slap Nutz" be a better nickname? I always find myself wondering these things when I read a Larry Brooks article.

Larry Brooks... international man of mystery.

I believe Slap Shots is the title of his column. Very creative with the "Slap Nutz" though.......

YellHockey*

chara said:
Brooks is nothing but a butt kisser. Kiss butt now, get better interviews later. What a gutless jerk.

Actually Brooks is the only hockey writer in North America courageous enough to stand up to the owners and expose them for what they are doing right now.

The rest of the hockey media are a bunch of cronies for the owners. They're too scared to lose their jobs to speak the truth. Remember a lot of the media knew about Allen Eagleson but were afraid to say anything. He might still be leading the PA if not for a guy in a small paper in New England who showed the courage to expose him for the criminal that he is.

I find it ironic that the misled masses feel that players like Commodore and Daganais are couragous because they are going against public opinion while a writer like Brooks is vilified because he's telling it like it is.

Boilers*

BlackRedGold said:
Actually Brooks is the only hockey writer in North America courageous enough to stand up to the owners and expose them for what they are doing right now.

The rest of the hockey media are a bunch of cronies for the owners. They're too scared to lose their jobs to speak the truth. Remember a lot of the media knew about Allen Eagleson but were afraid to say anything. He might still be leading the PA if not for a guy in a small paper in New England who showed the courage to expose him for the criminal that he is.

I find it ironic that the misled masses feel that players like Commodore and Daganais are couragous because they are going against public opinion while a writer like Brooks is vilified because he's telling it like it is.

Just keep smokin' that Black red, and gold . If you don't understand that a salary cap is the way to keep the poor sisters in the game, then maybe you've already lost too much brainpower to effectively convey the reason why you want these poor teams to fold, 'cuz effectively that's what's going to happen.

windowlicker

Jun 17, 2003
Murky Wisconsin
Visit site
BlackRedGold said:

You know, at this point I dont really care who's in the right, who's in the wrong. For the sake of your argument, lets say the owners are greedy, lying, looking to royally screw the players over. You know what? I want that same bunch of greedy, conniving, manipulative, filthy rich group of owners to destroy utterly the age of the NHLPA. Because its vital for the welfare of the The Game. The Game cannot handle an NHLPA win here. You cannot have the patients running the Asylum.

YellHockey*

Bloodsport said:
If you don't understand that a salary cap is the way to keep the poor sisters in the game

Which poor sisters?

According to reports the Rangers, Capitals, Blues are the teams losing the most money. Do you really think any of those franchises are going to fold?

YellHockey*

windowlicker said:
Because its vital for the welfare of the The Game. The Game cannot handle an NHLPA win here. You cannot have the patients running the Asylum.

Here's a simple equation for you:

The Game != The NHL

Major league hockey is a multiBILLION dollar industry. An industry that size isn't going away any time soon.

Would it really be a bad thing for the game if guys like Bill Wirtz and Jeremy Jacobs were no longer involved in it?

windowlicker

Jun 17, 2003
Murky Wisconsin
Visit site
BlackRedGold said:
Here's a simple equation for you:

The Game != The NHL

Major league hockey is a multiBILLION dollar industry. An industry that size isn't going away any time soon.

Would it really be a bad thing for the game if guys like Bill Wirtz and Jeremy Jacobs were no longer involved in it?

Fair enough.
Now, since you are so firmly in the NHLPA's corner, can you submit a quick list of all the benefits and positive outcomes that will come to the game of hockey in North America (meaning NHL), if the NHLPA clearly walks away with a win here?

Boilers*

BlackRedGold said:
Which poor sisters?

According to reports the Rangers, Capitals, Blues are the teams losing the most money. Do you really think any of those franchises are going to fold?

If your not Detroit,Toronto,Boston,Philly,Rangers,Blues or Minny. Then you're at risk of losing your team due to contraction,especially if your in a non-traditional market.The Capitals could fold quite easily. I still want a better answer as to why you feel that you alone seem to be informed about such matters when the rest of the hockey world sees the truth being reflected via the owners strong,united,and common sense approach.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
This is a union prepared to fight for its collective bargaining rights. This is a fight to the finish, and there is only one side with which to stand here.

lmao, looks like another prediction gone horriby wrong by Brooks.

Really, it should be obvious now that Brooks & Strachan were the only 2 journalists dumb enough to swallow NHLPA's propaganda line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad