The Next Ovechkin

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
That US tournament web site shows that Kuchin is a defenseman. With all the points he scored - is that right?

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Ok my thoughts after that CSKA vs Toronto game .

The whole game was like 1st Cska Line vs Toronto :eek:
Kuchin is a very talented guy ! Wow great skater , very soft hands and good vision. Ovechkins caliber ? Hmmm difficult to say !
Bondarev and Denyschkin played great too. Also talented guys.
I was a little disappointed with Popov. He had a couple of good moments but nothing special :(
Canada played very hard ......... :eek:

5:1 CSKA RULEZ :yo: :bow: :clap: Good game kids !

combine81

Nov 16, 2005
www.spartak-moscow.ru
Kuchin looked wonderful. Toronto Nationals did not show anything special.

On Saturday Canadian guys of 1991 had to play with Spartak-91 but did not come. There was only one game Spartak-90 vs. Canada. The game was stopped in the 3rd period because of a lot of fights on ice (Spartak won 3:0). Last fight (Ostapchuk and Chernov vs. 2 canadian guys) finished with 2 KO's of canadiens. Their head coach decided to take his team off.

Guillaume

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Just to follow up on the 1990 team. THe roster of the team for the tourney against the Czech Republic was announced.

GKs:
Alexander Pechursky (Metallurg Magnitogorsk)
Daniil Alistratov (Traktor Chelyabinsk)

Ds:
Nikita Dostavalov (Lokomotiv Yaroslav)
Maksim Cudinov (Severstal Cherepovets)
Pavel Lukin (Lokomotiv Yaroslav)
Anton Klementiev (Spartak Moscow)
Vyacheslav Voynov (Traktor Chelyabinsk)
Dimitri Kulikov (Rus Moscow)
Igor Golovkov (Dinamo Moscow)

Fs:
Alexander Volzhankin (Avangard Omsk)
Nikita Filatov (CSKA Moscow)
Dimitri Kurgishev (CSKA Moscow)
Evgeni Grachev (Lokomotiv Yaroslav)
Kirill Petrov (Ak Bars Kazan)
Nikita Kokorin (Traktor Chelyabinsk)
Nikolai Kazakotsev (Severstal Cherepovets)
Yaroslav Tulyakov (Rus Moscow)
Pavel Chernov (Spartak Moscow)
Andrei Loktionov (Spartak Moscow)
Anton Lazarev (Traktor Chelyabinsk)
Vladimir Litvinchuk (Rus Moscow)

The best Fs are probably Filatov, Petrov, Loktionov, Lazarev. A little surprising not to see Ostapchuk. Alistarov, Lukin, Loktionov were voted best players of the last tournament of the regions. Petrov was the best scorer.

combine81

Nov 16, 2005
www.spartak-moscow.ru
Guillaume said:
Just to follow up on the 1990 team. THe roster of the team for the tourney against the Czech Republic was announced.

GKs:
Alexander Pechursky (Metallurg Magnitogorsk)
Daniil Alistratov (Traktor Chelyabinsk)

Ds:
Nikita Dostavalov (Lokomotiv Yaroslav)
Maksim Cudinov (Severstal Cherepovets)
Pavel Lukin (Lokomotiv Yaroslav)
Anton Klementiev (Spartak Moscow)
Vyacheslav Voynov (Traktor Chelyabinsk)
Dimitri Kulikov (Rus Moscow)
Igor Golovkov (Dinamo Moscow)

Fs:
Alexander Volzhankin (Avangard Omsk)
Nikita Filatov (CSKA Moscow)
Dimitri Kurgishev (CSKA Moscow)
Evgeni Grachev (Lokomotiv Yaroslav)
Kirill Petrov (Ak Bars Kazan)
Nikita Kokorin (Traktor Chelyabinsk)
Nikolai Kazakotsev (Severstal Cherepovets)
Yaroslav Tulyakov (Rus Moscow)
Pavel Chernov (Spartak Moscow)
Andrei Loktionov (Spartak Moscow)
Anton Lazarev (Traktor Chelyabinsk)
Vladimir Litvinchuk (Rus Moscow)

The best Fs are probably Filatov, Petrov, Loktionov, Lazarev. A little surprising not to see Ostapchuk. Alistarov, Lukin, Loktionov were voted best players of the last tournament of the regions. Petrov was the best scorer.

Hi!

They have played first match. 2:2 (Filatov, Kokorin). As i know they play against guys of 88-89s. So i think it is a good result.

Filatov is one of the best? :sarcasm: CSKA-90 is in crisis. They do everything not to go to the Final tournament. :biglaugh: "Rus'" takes second place. We take the third. And there is a big way for CSKA to get the third place. I think it is unbelieveble. "Rus'" looks wonderful. The won 3 last games against CSKA. Tulyakov and Litvinchuk are one of the best scorers and as i heard they looked very very nice on the regions (It was unlucky tournament for Filatov :) ). Tulyakov and Litvinchuk plays with Laktionov (in Russia-90, of course). Before their departure to the Czech Republic they played a friendly game with Krylia Sovetov-2 (honestly speaking, it consisted of players of 89-90s) and won 7:2. Loktionov's line won their micro match 4:0.

Ostapchyuk has got problems with his leg and don't play for Spartak-90 either. Though he can't do it because of discvalification (he tried to kick referee in their last game against Rus' :) ).

Petrov was the best scorer. He played on the regions for team-89 also.

Dokin(GK) and Grenkov(D) (Spartak Moscow) trained with the team in Moscow but was not taken to the tour.

That's all. :)

combine81

Nov 16, 2005
www.spartak-moscow.ru
Sorry, Grenkov was in team.

Latest news.

2nd match 3:4 (Lazarev, Grachev, Volzhankin)
3rd match 4:2 (Chernov :handclap: , Petrov, Kokovin, Tulyakov).

Petrov is the captain of the team.

Guillaume

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Sounds like a decent performance 1-1-1. Nothing amazing though. we'll see in the future.

The Czech boxscores are at the bottom here

Link

THis is the boxscore of the KS-2 game
0-1 Litvinchuk
0-2 Petrov (Chudinov)
0-3 Kokorin (Kurgishev)
1-4 Loktionov
1-5 Lazarev (Kurgishev)
2-6 Tulyakov (Litvinchuk)
2-7 Tulyakov (Lukin, Litvinchuk).

Guillaume

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Not sure whether that was mentioned somewhere but ANdrei Kuchin was once again the best scorer of the Russian Championship of regions for the 1991 age category (4-6-10 in 5 games).

gamera

Jan 3, 2006
Kovalchuk Army HQ
combine81 said:
There was only one game Spartak-90 vs. Canada. The game was stopped in the 3rd period because of a lot of fights on ice (Spartak won 3:0). Last fight (Ostapchuk and Chernov vs. 2 canadian guys) finished with 2 KO's of canadiens. Their head coach decided to take his team off.

:eek: this was 16-year-olds? :eek:

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
gamera said:
:eek: this was 16-year-olds? :eek:

Hardly reason to be suprised, 16 is the ripe age of blind agression + violence. Ask some of the posters around here who are experiencing it first hand if you dont believe me ;)

gamera

Jan 3, 2006
Kovalchuk Army HQ
Slitty said:
Hardly reason to be suprised, 16 is the ripe age of blind agression + violence. Ask some of the posters around here who are experiencing it first hand if you dont believe me ;)

guess you're right!

been awhile since I was 16.... ;)

Fredrik

Apr 22, 2002
Stockholm, Sweden
Visit site
I know it's early to talk about 91 borns but on the 1990 team there was at least one of them. Maxim Kitsyn from Novokuznetsk scored a goal for Russia.

I know he is born late December 1991 and that he plays for Metallurg-89. Anyone knows more about him?

Guillaume

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Fredrik said:
I know it's early to talk about 91 borns but on the 1990 team there was at least one of them. Maxim Kitsyn from Novokuznetsk scored a goal for Russia.

I know he is born late December 1991 and that he plays for Metallurg-89. Anyone knows more about him?

It is actually not the first time that Kitsyn plays with the 1990 national team. he played with them a tournament back last summer. He was not on the December team that went to the Czech rep though.
He is a mix of skills and size. I believe he is something like 6'1 right now and I expect him to end up around 6'3-6'4 as he just turned 14 (as you mentioned he was born on xmas night 91). He grew up very early in his development and used to be 5'10 on teams from Novo. where the next tallest player would be like 5'2....
They are trying not to rush him and get him burnt out at Novo, but he is developing so quickly that it is tough to hold back. He played last year on their 90 team and he was by far their best player (e.g., at the 1990 russian champ back in 3/05) and is regularly voted MVP of the some fo the tournaments he plays. Last summer, they decided to put him on their 1989. So, basically, he plays with players who are around 3 years older than him. He also practices with their youth team.
He has great overall skills including a pretty good shot. He is also very intelligent as a player (I may be wrong but his dad may be an assistant coach of the Novo. 90 team).
He is currently clearly among the most promising players out of Russia. He finished 3rd best scorer of the recent 1991 region tournament with 8 pts (5+3) in 5 games, behing Kuchin 10 (4+6) and Uvarov from Ufa (6+3). All that while his team was once again the weakest and he did not get much quality support from his linemates. He somewhat clinched the only win of that team, almost all by himself, scoring a hat trick against the Center/Yaroslav team. Even though he often plays on bad teams (Novo. or Sibir region), he often dominates when he is on the ice. He usually leaves a great impression.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad