The Next Ovechkin

Hockeycritic

Jun 29, 2003
Just throwing this out there but I have heard that Dmitry Sokolov and Vitaly Abramov could end up being the 2 best Russian prospects since Ovechkin/Malkin both 2016 NHL draft eligible.
Yes both are extremely good and ABRAMOV is way more interesting compared to SOKOLOV who has size and skills.ABRAMOV pure talent with all impact player skills skating speed and computer head with millions decisions on ice.Coaches say they haven't seen for a long such young 1998 born much promising player!

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
Yes both are extremely good and ABRAMOV is way more interesting compared to SOKOLOV who has size and skills.ABRAMOV pure talent with all impact player skills skating speed and computer head with millions decisions on ice.Coaches say they haven't seen for a long such young 1998 born much promising player!

I would like to hear more about Abramov and Sokolov? Both of them are hard to find info about. But I was under the impression that Sokolov was the better of two?

Raptor1990

May 21, 2013
Devínska Nová Ves
It seems that Valeri Nichushkin could be close to Malkin and Ovechkin someday in the future. Or even better.

His pros are speed, quite nice stick-handling and his size.
Cons that he does not pass the puck very often.

I hope he will improve himself in the future.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008

LOL he really loves to celebrate doesn't he?

Hard to tell how well he will turn out as many Russians handle the puck the way he does, but the fact he has puckhandling abilities of someone 4 years older is a positive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->