The next great young goaltender! Are there any?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vipers

May 17, 2002
Visit site
I agree w/FLYline88 that: Lehtonen, Toivonen, Lundqvist, Fleury and I put Ward
on the list. Lehtonen and Toivonen are NHL ready for back up job. I'll give one more AHL year to Fleury and Ward( also if he did good last yr.), Lundqvist is a particular case who will be evaluated at camp.

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
Vipers said:
I agree w/FLYline88 that: Lehtonen, Toivonen, Lundqvist, Fleury and I put Ward
on the list. Lehtonen and Toivonen are NHL ready for back up job. I'll give one more AHL year to Fleury and Ward( also if he did good last yr.), Lundqvist is a particular case who will be evaluated at camp.

I'd be as bold to say that Lehtonen is ready for the starters job. You may book it and flash it before my eyes, if I'm wrong.. I have huge confidence in the kid.

PigPen

Jun 25, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
I think it's sickening how nobody here mentioned James Howard but they mention Lundqvist, Toivanen, Rask and Schwarz.
They guy has been dominant in college hockey for 3 seasons now and is moving to the AHL where he'll likely dominate there as well.
Seriously, watch this kid. I'd rate him up there with Lehtonen.

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
Le Golie said:
I think the point of this thread is to identify undrafted teenage prospects that might be drafted very high in the future.

That's a very difficult thing to do as goalies almost always drastically change their rankings during their draft year. Seventeen year old goalies that have great seasons always get drafted really highly, see Dipietro, Fleury, Montoya, etc. The best you can do with a 16 and under goalie is predict that they 'might' have an NHL future, and then during their draft year they either shoot up the rank lists or fall off the face of the earth.

Right now, the goalies out west I see with NHL futures are Leland Irving (Everett Silvertips, WHL) and James Reimer (Red Deer Rebels, AAA in Manitoba last season). I wish I knew more from across the country but like I said - it's much harder at this point than talking about skaters.
Don't forget Tyson Sexsmith of the Medecine Hat Tigers. He's eligible for the 2007 draft. Look for him to be the top goalie of the draft. Or that's atleast what I've heard.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
<----

He won't be going back to the AHL. He'll be the backup at least in Carolina, and may even steal Gerber's job. He's never mentioned due soley to his draft position.

IBleedOil247

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton
The Sam said:
<----

He won't be going back to the AHL. He'll be the backup at least in Carolina, and may even steal Gerber's job. He's never mentioned due soley to his draft position.

:handclap: :yo: :clap: Bravo!!! He is getting recognition. I gotta like him because I played hockey against him and he is from my home town!!!

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
Crosby=Gretzky said:
Don't forget Tyson Sexsmith of the Medecine Hat Tigers. He's eligible for the 2007 draft. Look for him to be the top goalie of the draft. Or that's atleast what I've heard.
Good call, Sexsmith was ridiculously dominant in Midget AAA at times, hopefully he can pick it up in Medicine Hat this year.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Kritty said:
Fair enough that it's your opinion, but I really don't see how you can say that. A guy that has dominated the AHL for two seasons and did the same in the NHL for a short stint versus a guy that struggled in the NHL and barely kept his spot in the AHL. Seems pretty clear to me. But that could easily change.

Sorry, I can't tell where you disagree w/me? Is 1b too flattering?

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Great goalies for drafts comming up:

2006:
J-C Blanchard (Moncton, QMJHL)
Joe Palmer (USA)
Jonathan Bernier (Lewiston, QMJHL)
Stephan Cesar (Chicoutimi, QMJHL)

2007:
Tyson Sexsmith (Vancouver, WHL)
Nicola Riopel (Moncton, QMJHL)

2008:
Charles-Albert Corsi (Quebec, Midget AAA, Regents)
Vinnie Lessard (Quebec, Midget AAA)

steven29

Sep 15, 2005
Evan Mosher ... Goalie from newfoundland is a great goalie, he's 15 years old.. he is the best goalie of his age in NFLD and labrador, and even more I think! :bow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad