The Nemesis' "steals" draft and tournament - drafting thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titanium

Oct 20, 2003
Nottinghamshire, Eng
Visit site
Just to clarify something I spoke to you about a while back, The Nemesis...will trades actually be allowed?

I realise there would be some restrictions necessary to keep the numbers of players even, along with the numbers at each position, but some teams lack at certain positions and I think we should be allowed to make deals that don't cause lineup problems! RCF has some centring issues, while you said yourself you wanted more D!

So, can we trade? Please? :dunno: :)

We could even run a separate thread to post deals, to avoid it confusing any draft issues as we go! We could post our new lineups in that thread after each deal we make! You could even have a post that you update for each of us (a post, of course, not a thread), detailing who got drafted and who got traded! Or we could create and update them ourselves! Any thoughts?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Perry's clock expired for his two picks, so I'm now up. San Jose proudly selects Forward Scott Walker.

And as for trades. I think that I will allow them. However, I need to make sure that we have an airtight way to stay within the constraints of a usable roster, so give me a day or so to figure out some rules, and then I'll set up a trades and roster update thread, and the wheeling and dealing can begin.

MeatTornado

I was born ready
Oct 25, 2004
Vancouver
Vancouver selects F. Brendan Morrow.

Brendan Morrow - Brad Richards - Jarome Iginla
Fredrik Modin - Tuomo Ruutu - xxxxx
xxxxx - xxxxx - xxxxx
xxxxx - xxxxx - xxxxx

Pavel Kubina - xxxxx
Danny Markov - xxxxx
xxxxx - xxxxx

Tomas Vokoun
xxxxx​

ORBluesFan

Jul 31, 2003
Portland, OR
Jozef balej hasn't been online in 5 days. I'm going to pick in hopes it comes back to me before I leave for vacation tomorrow (if not, I will send a list).

St. Louis is pleased to select right wing Richard Zednik.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
First of all, I'd like to announce that I will be allowing trades from now on. I realize that it might be odd starting the trading in the middle of the draft, but at least this way we've all been able to identify needs. You will find a trades thread shortly which will explain all of the rules (I had to set up some guidelines to make sure everything works out in the end).

Second, I will send a PM to the 3 GMs who have missed picks up to this point immediately after this post. RandomCanuckFan is online right now, so there's even a chance he makes his selection before I finish writing this. Perry hasn't been online since Monday the 23rd, and Jozef hasn't been here since the preceeding Saturday (the 21st). I will continue to run the draft as is in their abscenses. In the event that it becomes likely they aren't returning, I may try to find and appoint replacement GMs who can take over the teams and finish the draft for them. After all, I can't very well run a good tournament with 6 or 7 teams (well, I could probably do 6). After this though, there will be no further notice of missed picks unless we have someone else who is absent for an extended period.

Remember, watch for the trade thread shortly, and you will see all the rules there. Trades will not start until then.

Jozef has until 8pm tonight to pick, then ORBlues' selection becomes legitimate, and Seattle (Morrison_rulz) goes on the clock.

RandomCanuckFan

Jan 23, 2005
Jets select Garnet Exelby

Paul Kariya - Tyler Arnason - Marian Hossa
Ladislav Nagy - xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx - xxx

Janne Niinimaa - Tomas Kaberle
Garnet Exelby - xxx
xxx - xxx

Jean-Sebastien Giguere
xxx

Last edited:

TomahawkSniper

Aug 19, 2004
Vancouver
The Seattle Scorpions select RW Michael Ryder.

Simon Gagne--Scott Gomez--Todd Bertuzzi
********--********--Michael Ryder

Mattias Ohlund--Barret Jackman
Derek Morris--********

Andrew Raycroft

My 400th post! :)

TomahawkSniper

Aug 19, 2004
Vancouver
RandomCanuckFan said:
Jets select Kimmo Timonen

Ladislav Nagy - xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx - xxx

Kimmo Timonen - xxx
xxx - xxx

Jean-Sebastien Giguere
xxx

this is what I call an offensive blueline
Already taken.

MeatTornado

I was born ready
Oct 25, 2004
Vancouver
Vancouver selects F. Alyn McCauley.

Fredrik Modin - Tuomo Ruutu - xxxxx
xxxxx - Alyn McCauley - xxxxx
xxxxx - xxxxx - xxxxx

Pavel Kubina - xxxxx
Danny Markov - xxxxx
xxxxx - xxxxx

Tomas Vokoun
xxxxx​

RandomCanuckFan

Jan 23, 2005
Jets select Sami Kapanen

Ladislav Nagy - xxx - Sami Kapanen
xxx - xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx - xxx

Garnet Exelby - xxx
xxx - xxx

Jean-Sebastien Giguere
xxx

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
San Jose is proud to select Forward Andrew Brunette

A couple of side-ish notes:

1) Jozef Balej still has not been on since Saturday the 21st. I have sent him an e-mail asking about his status and have not seen a reply. Since I don't think that we can proceed to have a good tournament with 7 teams, I will give him until the expiry of his next pick to return, otherwise we will have to find a replacement GM. If you know of someone who would be willing to step in and try and put together a team that has made only 5 selections through 9 rounds and has a glut of waiting picks, please either post here, PM me, or get them to PM me, and we can discuss inserting someone new into the lineup (initially it will be interm-only, but if Jozef continues to be a no-show, it'll be permenant.)

2) Perry also has not made his picks from last time. He is up now that I have picked, and unlike Jozef, he has been online several times since his previous picks were on the clock. I have also PMed him twice, and I cannot send an e-mail (he has disabled that feature), I'll continue to give him a bit of time, but we will also have to discuss replacing him as well.

Oh, and I guess I can post my lines as well:

Marco Sturm - Daniel Briere - Daniel Alfredsson
Andrew Brunette - Marc Savard - Scott Walker
xxx - xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx - xxx

Lubomir Visnovsky - Marek Zidlicky
xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx

Evgeny Nabokov
xxx

MeatTornado

I was born ready
Oct 25, 2004
Vancouver
i'd say boot JB asap. it'll be hard to find someone who wants to take over a team who has like 5 or 6 less players then everyone else, and they will have a huuuge disadvantage.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
gobert said:
i'd say boot JB asap. it'll be hard to find someone who wants to take over a team who has like 5 or 6 less players then everyone else, and they will have a huuuge disadvantage.
I believe I will do that. It's pretty clear that if he hasn't been here in a week and a half, and didn't feel like leaving me a message if he was going on holidays or something, then this obviously isn't terribly important to him. I'll make a topic asking for replacement GMs. I'm also seriously, seriously considering adding Perry's name to the mix, becuase he has been on the boards as recently as yesterday (Tuesday) at 8:00pm, and has posted as recently as the weekend. I've already sent him several PMs asking if he still feels like continuing, and I haven't heard a word.

Hopefully I can add the replacements as quickly as possible.

Finally, San Jose is pleased to select defenceman Andrei Markov

Last edited:

RandomCanuckFan

Jan 23, 2005
Jets take Martin Erat

Ladislav Nagy - xxx - Sami Kapanen
Martin Erat - xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx - xxx

Garnet Exelby - xxx
xxx - xxx

Jean-Sebastien Giguere
xxx

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Heatley Wanted is now officially taking over for Perry and will be the GM for Boston from here on out. At his first opportunity, he can come and make the 4 picks that Perry missed, then will slide into the normal draft order.

We still need to replace Jozef Balej though. It wouldn't be right for any one of us to draft for him without a list of some kind, but we have to think of something or find someone. The only thing I can think of is if this gets any farther down the line that we can do something to sweeten the deal for a potential Portland GM, like allowing them to pick 1 or 2 players to add to the team that aren't in the pool (so that they could get another top talent or two to make up for the fact that all of the highest tier players have already been drafted.)

MeatTornado

I was born ready
Oct 25, 2004
Vancouver
Vancouver selects F. Maxim Afinogenov.

Fredrik Modin - Tuomo Ruutu - Maxim Afinogenov
xxxxx - Alyn McCauley - xxxxx
xxxxx - xxxxx - xxxxx

Pavel Kubina - xxxxx
Danny Markov - xxxxx
xxxxx - xxxxx

Tomas Vokoun
xxxxx​

MeatTornado

I was born ready
Oct 25, 2004
Vancouver
yeah, we really need to find a replacement for Portland....

also, does the guy who took over for the other team realise that he has like 4 picks he has to make up?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
gobert said:
yeah, we really need to find a replacement for Portland....

also, does the guy who took over for the other team realise that he has like 4 picks he has to make up?
He does know. I have told him in almost every PM and e-mail I've sent during the course of our communication. I sent him an e-mail with the draft info document the other day (he wasn't able to read the excel file). I'll contact him again today to get a progress update.

And I do agree that we need to get someone in for portland now that he's missed out on 5 picks. The problem becomes one of "what do we do if no one is willing to volunteer they way things are right now?" It wouldn't be right for one of us to draft for Portland, and so we might have to look at offering some sort of compensation for taking on the team.

EDIT
Ok, here's the deal. Around 10pm tonight, I'll be making a trio of "make-up selections" for Portland. Based on a combination of my draft list and that of ORBluesFan (who has been discussing the Portland situation via PM with me), I will select 3 players who can fill some holes in the Portland roster so that the team doens't sink any farther without securing at least some talent.

The other thing I thought was to allow for a maximum of two picks (which would be what portland has remaining after I make the 3 selections described above) to be changed into "import picks", allowing whatever GM takes over to select any two players that are not in the draft pool to play on the team. There would be limitations on skill level (I was thinking of capping the NHL 2005 Overall Rating of the selected imports at 85, so that they can pick players who are around the skill level of what would've been available when the picks started to missed.), but it would let the team stay competitive and not have the GM be forced to deal with the faults of Jozef Balej.

If we go through with this, I would extend the same offer of 2 imports to Heatley Wanted for Boston. It's only fair.

So tell me what you think. Would this be an acceptable idea? Or do you have something else in mind that might encourage a new GM to take on Portland. Or should we just devise some sort of automation and have Portland essentially be the Montreal Expos of this draft/tournament?

Last edited:

MeatTornado

I was born ready
Oct 25, 2004
Vancouver
We might as well offer an 'import' pick or two to anyone willing to take over for Balej, sure, and as you said it's only fair to do the same for Heatley, that way it's a bit easier to find a replacement for Balej, seeing as they wont have to deal with quite such a disadvantage.

hopefully we'll be able to find someone to fill in ASAP :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad