GDT: Charlotte Hornets and other NBA talk

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
The Chicago Bulls just recorded their 4th win of the season out of 24 games.

Their last win before tonight came against the Hornets. Tonights win comes against....... Yep, the Charlotte Hornets.

Yes, the Charlotte Hornets just gifted the God-awful Chicago Bulls their 4th win of the season, about 3 weeks after giving them their 3rd win. Sound familiar?

#JustCarolinaThings

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Damn, the Hornets are bad (not that I've seen any games like ever). I thoght they would make the playoffs pretty east in the weak Eastern. Can only imagine how it would be if they play in the West.
That balance of power is shifting. Not completely .... but the East is no longer what it was (terrible). And the West has gone backwards.

Reactions: Identity404

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
That balance of power is shifting. Not completely .... but the East is no longer what it was (terrible). And the West has gone backwards.

I mean, the East is getting better but I still think at the end of the year it's going to be LeBrons playground. Maybe next year Boston (ugh, do we really need the Celtics to become a powerhouse again?) takes over, or hell maybe Milwaukee with their young talent makes a run at it.

At least in the West, it looks like the Rockets could give Golden State problems. I'm not feeling that with Boston against Cleveland, at least not yet.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I follow the Sixers for two reasons:

1. I trust the process.

2. Big Baller Ben is the best logo in sports.

images

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Absolutely loving the dumpster fire that is the Los Angeles Lakers. At this rate they will become the NBA's Edmonton Oilers minus the picks (Their 1st rounder belongs to Boston for some reason?) in no time.

But please ESPN and LaVar Ball, keep telling us how LeBron and Paul George are locks for playing there.

Last edited:

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

With the news that Kemba Walker is likely to be traded, well here is why. The novelty of the Hornets re-branding has worn off, and no star player will sign here. At least the tickets will be cheap so thats cool.

Notes to owners everywhere, don't be like Mike.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
With the news Dwight Howard is on the Charlotte Hornets, I clearly stopped following the NBA closely 20 some years ago.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
the hornets obsession with drafting tall white guys has killed them

also losing the draft lottery and missing out on AD when they had the worst record in the history of the league to the former-hornets and ending up with MKG set them back a lot. they would have been better off drafting anyone else aside from MKG that year. just stars drafted all around the #2 pick.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
The NBA still owned the New Orleans team at that time, I think. That was shortly after the Chris Paul to Lakers trade was nixed. I wasn't surprised at all when they won that lottery.

Anthony Davis would of ended up leaving anyways just like he will with the Pelicans but yeah, that one stung, literally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad