The Mummy: Demastered (Hidden Gem)

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014

I am one of those people who tend to like things a lot of people don't. Not to be cool or anything but there is that rare movie or video game that I like that it doesn't seem many other people like. In this case, the new Mummy movie. I loved it. It was a modern B-movie and I took it as that. I think most people thought it was going to be some Tom Cruise Mission Impossible meets Sci-Fi Mummy epic or something like that.

Anyways,
Enter - The Mummy: Demastered.

This game is really fun. Has a little tie-in to the movie meaning you see Dr. Jekyll and the Mummy girl but you aren't Tom Cruise or anything. The easiest way to put it... if you like Metroidvania games, you will like this game. Kind of cool they call it "Demastered" because it looks like an old school castlevania game but plays a lot like Metroid.

Anyways, this is one of the better reviews I have seen of it and I am having a lot of fun with it.

https://www.destructoid.com/review-the-mummy-demastered-467743.phtml
The Mummy Demastered (PC, PS4 [reviewed], Xbox One, Nintendo Switch)
Developer: WayForward
Publisher: WayForward
Released: October 24, 2017
MSRP: $19.99

Last edited:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I don't like things that most people dont like because there is usually a good reason why nobody likes it. Plus i'm not hip.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I don't like things that most people dont like because there is usually a good reason why nobody likes it. Plus i'm not hip.
OK?
I was just pointing out that there are quite a few movies and games that are generally seen as "bad" that I like. No need to be a D about it.

If I don't preface with that people will scoff off great things like this game because it's hooked into a "terrible" movie by most peoples standards. One of my favorite video games ever is Vampire Rain. Ever hear of it? I would be surprised if you have. Anyone who did actually play it generally hated it.

AKA, take my opinion with a grain of salt but this game probably wont get much attention but so far reviews are favorable and people are really liking it. Not having many great games in the Metroidvania genre and this one is actually good it deserves some publicity. Hence it being a hidden gem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->