The most realistic looking game ever made? "Unrecord"

Tonneau

May 15, 2017
Montreal
They use cool visual trickery (and good lighting) to make things seem real, but once the spell breaks it doesn't really come back. It didn't for me anyway.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
If you're good at video editing, it's piece of cake fooling people.
The demo is using assets from the Unreal Engine marketplace lol. We have already seen and played an incredibly detailed, realistic open world on UE5 from a medium sized team (around 50 people i think?): the Matrix Awakens tech demo. I don't think this level of fidelity is unrealistic at all for a small team given the very limited scope of the demo.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I believe it's real, but it's likely nothing more than a glorified tech demo labelled a game. I'd be surprised if any modern hardware could run this well, so we are still a fair bit off before seeing stuff like this often.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I watched a video of this over a week ago when a cousin showed me. Though pretty much every game looks a lot better in the tech demo phase where everything is controlled. It certainly wasn't just released on youtube they had it on twitter or something like that over a week ago.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I watched a video of this over a week ago when a cousin showed me. Though pretty much every game looks a lot better in the tech demo phase where everything is controlled. It certainly wasn't just released on youtube they had it on twitter or something like that over a week ago.
Been out for a few weeks at least. The creator had to show a second video to prove it was real.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It's impressive, but does seem more like a tech demo at this point, especially since the DF video mentions that they're looking for a publisher and funding. I doubt that much has been completed besides the relatively little that was shown, and it's probably years away, if it ever gets completed. It's definitely cool to see how good games might look in the future, though.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
This looks damn beautiful, obviously, but I have a feeling that the game itself is going to be found lacking. Can't imagine it'll be out in any playable fashion for quite some time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad