The Most Lopsided Series So Far

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Lesson 101 on what not to do in this situation. YOU POSTED THE STATS AND MADE A CLEARLY INCORRECT CLAIM.

Drrrrrr

You probably shouldn't post stats threads, let alone try to draw conclusions from them, if you don't even understand how they are being calculated.

I suggest you dive into it.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Let's apply a little common sense to these metrics. The special teams metric is worthless since there is a strong correlation between # of scoring chances on special teams and the amount of time on special teams. So, if a team scores often on the PP they are penalized since it would reduce the amount of PP time vs PP expiring when a team doesn't score. Nevermind that it would be heavily influenced simply by who has more PP time in general.

Dumb metric. Worse conclusions. Carry on.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Let's apply a little common sense to these metrics. The special teams metric is worthless since there is a strong correlation between # of scoring chances on special teams and the amount of time on special teams. So, if a team scores often on the PP they are penalized since it would reduce the amount of PP time vs PP expiring when a team doesn't score. Nevermind that it would be heavily influenced simply by who has more PP time in general.

Dumb metric. Worse conclusions. Carry on.

It's almost as if i led off with a metric that doesn't include special teams or something.

GOilers88

Fer Da
Dec 24, 2016
Yeah. Leafs had some really crappy luck with goaltending and so on in the first few games. Now the series has evened out, and I expect the Buds to wrangle it up 2-2 tomorrow night. If they can pull off the win in six, would be fantastic for the game of hockey.
Or at least me. It would be fantastic for me because I don't like heavy hockey and the further the Leafs go, the bigger it sticks in Melnyk's craw, so our (Sens) rebuild gets expedited.
Nothing about the Leafs winning anything is good for the game of hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->