Rumor: The Mike Reilly Sweepstakes - Rangers out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
He decided not to sign with the Jackets who drafted him a few years ago.

He's narrowed his list of teams down to 2-3 teams and the Hawks, Wild, and Rangers are rumored to be those teams. Rangers already had at least one meeting with him a week or two ago.

Really hoping we can snag him, 6'1 190 pound dman, was named the best defenseman in the BIG 10 league this year and last year...and led all defenseman in the nation in points.

Oh and he Skjei both played together for Minnesota, would be huge to have them both continue to develop with each other.

Fingers crossed we can land another very good prospect for free (hayes last year obviously). He should be announcing his decision in the next few days i would imagine and can officially sign with that team July 1st.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?filter=Y&pid=143097

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com...s/2015/06/reilly-says-no-to-blue-jackets.html

Last edited:

dshea19

Jun 9, 2015
If he was a right-handed shot, it would be even better. However, absolutely pick him up. He fits perfectly with the Rangers system.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
wasnt it going to be "absolutely shocking" if Kevin Hayes didnt sign with either Bawstun or Florida?

Wasn't it going to be "Absolutely shocking" if Marc Staal didnt join his brother in Carolina?

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I am hopeful that he chooses the Rangers. All they need to point to is their lack of high picks over the last few years to show that the competition will not be fierce to make the NHL and that this team is extremely competitive. They need an offensive defenseman. Yandle and Boyle are both UFA's at the end of next year.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
wasnt it going to be "absolutely shocking" if Kevin Hayes didnt sign with either Bawstun or Florida?

Wasn't it going to be "Absolutely shocking" if Marc Staal didnt join his brother in Carolina?

Look no doubt there's a chance. I will just say that the 3C spot being wide open last year was a big advantage that is not quite as glaring in this instance. And again speaking only for myself I never bought the Staal hype for a minute.

TheRedressor

Oct 3, 2005
You would hope he would look at the Kevin Hayes situation and see how it played out 10 months later.

AV already starting experimenting with shifting McDonagh to RD to play with Staal on the top pair. It would open up the 3rd LD pairing spot if Reilly proves he's ready in training camp.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
i think for sure the rangers are going to deal at least 1 defenseman.

players can be moved around to fit a kid who is ready.

TheRedressor

Oct 3, 2005
i think for sure the rangers are going to deal at least 1 defenseman.

players can be moved around to fit a kid who is ready.

No question. The Rangers are going to cash out their chips on Klein with his value at an all time high.

TheRedressor

Oct 3, 2005
Well there is a good chance the McIlrath will be at least the #7 D or be traded. He will lose waiver eligibility next season.

Rick Nash 61

The Best
Jul 6, 2014
New York
Ideally I would like us to move Girardi and/or Klein, but then our entire defense will shoot from the left side and AV would commit suicide.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
The Rangers have a pretty long list of players who they have developed as either college UFA's or undrafted players. Girardi. MZA. Hayes. Gilroy had a run for a bit. Ortmeyer. Stralman.

They give these guys chances to prove themselves.

The Undertaker

Jun 22, 2012
Rangers will probably move Yandle for him. Can only have so many offensive pansies taking away time from the heart and soul warriors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->