The migration/new board software thread

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
I just realized that two things broke... the old tables codes don't work now (yeah, proably should've clicked the "Advanced Code Table" thing sooner), and I can't find the old notes section of my profile thingamajig. Any way to retrieve the latter, or do I have to reconstruct last year's SNOG standings manually because I was unprepared?

Last edited:
Reactions: stator

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I just realized that two things broke... the old tables codes don't work now (yeah, proably should've clicked the "Advanced Code Table" thing sooner), and I can't find the old notes section of my profile thingamajig. Any way to retrieve the latter, or do I have to reconstruct last year's SNOG standings manually because I was unprepared?

I would guess that if you can't find your notes on the current site that there's no way to retrieve the data from the old boards. A lot of profile-specific bells and whistles like galleries and whatnot didn't make the jump. I'm actually moderately surprised that PMs did get shunted into the new Conversations thingy.

Wasn't there an end-of-year SNOG results thread? Or can you pull up the GDT from game 81 or 82 to get a reasonably complete list from the season?

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
I would guess that if you can't find your notes on the current site that there's no way to retrieve the data from the old boards. A lot of profile-specific bells and whistles like galleries and whatnot didn't make the jump. I'm actually moderately surprised that PMs did get shunted into the new Conversations thingy.

Wasn't there an end-of-year SNOG results thread? Or can you pull up the GDT from game 81 or 82 to get a reasonably complete list from the season?

All of those tables seem to have broken such that they were wiped from all of the posts.

By the way, is image hosting integrated now? Seeing some same-URL stuff in KirbyDots's GDT.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
All of those tables seem to have broken such that they were wiped from all of the posts.

By the way, is image hosting integrated now? Seeing some same-URL stuff in KirbyDots's GDT.

There is a new gallery setup that lets you host images. I don't know what sort of requirements or restrictions are placed on it though. It'll likely be how I resurrect my usual stuff since photobucket decided to be total tools.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
The only tables I still have standing were stuck, but I also quickly updated those after the migration too via search-and-replace, so I can't confirm if it was the advanced addon that wiped all my GDT table remnants or if it was the initial migration since I didn't bother to check those more dated threads earlier.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
@drunksage

?

I might have a way. Send me a PM start a conversation if you are interested.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Worth noting that the default board setup has been tweaked so that posts are now in light gray and the background is slightly off-white so as not to be horrifically blinding. It lacks some of the features of the above theme (teal header banners, logos on the team boards) but it's a marked improvement over what was rolled out at launch. It's much easier on the eyes and is very readable now.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
I used Chrome and Tampermonkey. These should work, as I don't see default color in any of those places anymore.

All right, I am virtually done. Blue is all gone!

Even fixed the WHL QMJHL logos @The Nemesis :)

Thanks again @Woodhouse and others that have helped!

If there's something that anyone thinks could be improved let me know and I'll think about trying to implement it. I don't want the avatars gone on the main Sharks page, but you all have the code to do it if you want. Maybe I'll change my mind later.

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
I know they need to do it to make money but man, the advertisements on this board are out of control now. Fullscreen ads, ads changing the size and positioning of everything at random, ads making my browser hang :pullhair:

Reactions: IamJebus and Red

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I know they need to do it to make money but man, the advertisements on this board are out of control now. Fullscreen ads, ads changing the size and positioning of everything at random, ads making my browser hang :pullhair:
adblocker or sponsor i guess.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Small niche kinda thing, but for SNOG tallying purposes, it's really nice to be able to multi-quote and then remove posts as you go along.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Since we can't ignore threads, what's the possibility of creating a fantasy subforum and move all fantasy threads there?

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
There are workarounds using browser extensions. You'd add a line in those for every threadId you want to ignore -- in any of those themes floating around (e.g., li#thread-1234567 { display: none; }) or your filters (e.g., hfboards.mandatory.com##li#thread-1234567). ThreadId's are found right in the URL, as you'll see in your address bar that this is thread 2391265 and you'd just replace the random 1234567 in the examples with that value to ignore and then save.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose

Hmm, thanks for point this out. I need to go and revise my old code for tables that I cut and paste for GDT.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
There are workarounds using browser extensions. You'd add a line in those for every threadId you want to ignore -- in any of those themes floating around (e.g., li#thread-1234567 { display: none; }) or your filters (e.g., hfboards.mandatory.com##li#thread-1234567). ThreadId's are found right in the URL, as you'll see in your address bar that this is thread 2391265 and you'd just replace the random 1234567 in the examples with that value to ignore and then save.

Thank you for this.

I have put the following code into my theme. You can simply copy and paste the line for ignoring a thread and replace with real thread ID #'s for threads you want to ignore.

/* Ignored Threads */

li#thread-1234567 { display: none; }

I Have enabled the Hide Avatar Feature. You can add it back. See Below.

/* Hide Avatar */

div.listBlock.posterAvatar {
display: none;
}

Put Thread Starter Avatar Back by replacing above code with this:

/* Show Avatar */

div.listBlock.posterAvatar {
display: none;
}

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley

Can you unhide threads or see which threads have been hidden? I just changed my code and the hidden threads did not show back up.

If not, USE IGNORE THREADS CAREFULLY.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
@Led Zappa Sabres are on, but just comment out or delete the line to remove that rule and save. I can toggle hiding threads no problem. Among the snippet below, WhoIsWho would appear again because that comment ignores executing that line of code, like the other annotations there. Other three threads would still be hidden.
Code:
// Ignored thread code and title comments
"li#thread-2128685 { display: none !important; }", //SabresTickets
"li#thread-326682 { display: none !important; }", //InfoBuffaloVisitors
// "li#thread-517030 { display: none !important; }", //WhoIsWho
"li#thread-2367053 { display: none !important; }", //RuleReminder

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
@Led Zappa Sabres are on, but just comment out or delete the line to remove that rule and save. I can toggle hiding threads no problem. Among the snippet below, WhoIsWho would appear again because that comment ignores executing that line of code, like the other annotations there. Other three threads would still be hidden.
Code:
// Ignored thread code and title comments
"li#thread-2128685 { display: none !important; }", //SabresTickets
"li#thread-326682 { display: none !important; }", //InfoBuffaloVisitors
// "li#thread-517030 { display: none !important; }", //WhoIsWho
"li#thread-2367053 { display: none !important; }", //RuleReminder

What's with the " in your code. I had to change that in this code you posted to get it to work.

From

".nodeList .categoryStrip {",
" background: rgb(255, 229, 0) !important;",
"}",
".discussionList dl.sectionHeaders {",
" background: rgb(255, 229, 0) !important;",
"}",

To

.nodeList .categoryStrip {",
background: rgb(255, 229,0) !important;
}

.discussionList dl.sectionHeaders {,
background: rgb(255, 229,0) !important;
}

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
@Led Zappa That's just copy-pasta from Tampermonkey's default editor .. between quotes is the code and commas signify line breaks.

Thanks,

How in the heck do you find these elements. I am trying to change the edit box text for the ""more options" button, but it says it's inherited from HTML. This is all I see.

upload_2017-10-9_14-25-52.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->