The migration/new board software thread

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Next code I need is to lighten up Thread Titles and Edit Box. Edit box seems to work on Chrome, but not FF.

The code background should be this string:

.bbCodeBlock pre, .bbCodeBlock .code {
background: rgba(100, 100, 100, 1);
}

Done. Thanks. Updated source on link.

@Led Zappa I used Chrome and Tampermonkey. These should work, as I don't see default color in any of those places anymore.

Add these for blue categories (home) and titles (teams, etc.) but change color here from yellow to whatever:

Thanks, I'll try and do this tonight.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
It was noted last night by the admins that yes, the ignore thread feature is gone. It seems highly unlikely to return as apparently it would rely on some sort of add-on or plugin to the site software that may cause other, greater issues. Sorry about that.

Also not that it matters, and I'm not sure if it is the new code or HFboards code, but Boston doesn't have a logo on the main page.

The logos only show up if you're using a theme like the one LZ posted or the original version he based it on. You'd have to contact the original theme creator to get that fixed or get LZ to make the alteration himself. There are other errors too, such as the WHL and QMJHL having swapped logos for their CHL sub-boards.

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
It was noted last night by the admins that yes, the ignore thread feature is gone. It seems highly unlikely to return as apparently it would rely on some sort of add-on or plugin to the site software that may cause other, greater issues. Sorry about that.
... Ugh, no interest in seeing Fantasy stuff bumped all the time /sadface

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
Next code I need is to lighten up Thread Titles ...
I noticed you can change the color of the titles with the following that you already have in the style, but...

em.userTitle, .discussionListItem .title a {
color: #f4f4f4;
}

you might also need to change the preview tooltip background to keep text visible, somewhat ugly though:

.previewTooltip
{background-color:rgb(100, 100, 100)
}

Perhaps there is a better way /shrug

Last edited:

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
Something to hide avatars on the main threads page if anyone wants, i run it concurrently with the sharks theme one by Led Zappa
div.listBlock.posterAvatar {
display: none;
}

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
That’s a bummer about the ignored thread feature. That was nice to have, especially to hide various threads you would never read, like a decades worth of Simpson’s moments or what the Sharks lower tier (even lower than the Barracuda) are doing.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
I noticed you can change the color of the titles with the following that you already have in the style, but...

em.userTitle, .discussionListItem .title a {
color: #f4f4f4;
}

Thanks. I got the titles white now, but the area around avatars and user details is back to white, blah...

Things keep changing too fast and I'm sick and have a bad toothache. The rest will have to wait, but for those that want the white thread titles back you can update.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but is there a way to integrate the user box with the color scheme? The user box (Where you have joined, messages, likes received, etc) is all white and you can't see any of the numerical figures. It's not really a big issue, but it does stick out.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Just a heads up for GDT makers, the character limit for a post is 50,000. I don’t know how many characters a table takes up on here.

If that's not enough for some reason, tell rangerssharks414 and he can tell me to increase it :p

We're at a lower number than what we were at before but 50,000 is still quite a bit.

Sorry if this was mentioned. Is there mark forum read feature?

This one is old, but if you're on the Sharks board for example and you click "mark forums read" it will give you the choice of either marking all or just marking the Sharks board as read.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but is there a way to integrate the user box with the color scheme? The user box (Where you have joined, messages, likes received, etc) is all white and you can't see any of the numerical figures. It's not really a big issue, but it does stick out.

Yes, I''ll be working on it, but I've got a tooth ache that makes me want to rip my head off, I'm at work and I'm still hoping to go to the game tonight, so I won't be able to fix it for a while.

If someone else posts the code I'll try and update it sooner.

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
Yes, I''ll be working on it, but I've got a tooth ache that makes me want to rip my head off, I'm at work and I'm still hoping to go to the game tonight, so I won't be able to fix it for a while.

If someone else posts the code I'll try and update it sooner.

Userbox and sponser banner stuff:

.messageUserInfo
}
.messageUserBlock
}
.avatarHolder
}
.userBanner.bannerPrimary {
background-color: rgb(150,150,150);