Pre-Game Talk: The Meth Lab (txs @Bonk), comes to The SENS Den, Fri 7:30 on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I am really glad Karlsson has really turned it up since the TDL particularly... He's looked better, the team has looked better . They have nothing to play for and they are playing relaxed but that top line, Karlsson, Chabot, Harpur, Pageau ... are all looking good.

Reactions: Alex1234

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
no_tanks-770x472.png

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I am really glad Karlsson has really turned it up since the TDL particularly... He's looked better, the team has looked better . They have nothing to play for and they are playing relaxed but that top line, Karlsson, Chabot, Harpur, Pageau ... are all looking good.

I think the whole team knows that they aren't really as bad as the standings suggest. Last season they were 44-38 using NBA standings which is a lot closer to what this group is with a good Anderson and Karlsson than the 26-44 that they are now. I'm sure the feeling is that if EK is re-signed, this team will be in a playoff spot or just out of one on March 16, 2019.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think the whole team knows that they aren't really as bad as the standings suggest. Last season they were 44-38 using NBA standings which is a lot closer to what this group is with a good Anderson and Karlsson than the 26-44 that they are now. I'm sure the feeling is that if EK is re-signed, this team will be in a playoff spot or just out of one on March 16, 2019.

Lets hope Dorion stops listening to offers and Melnyk opens his wallet

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
So apparently we really didn't need Dumont, Thompson, Phaneuf and Oduya...Gaborik has potted a couple but can we really say we need him or Burrows at this point? I'd bet they can be replaced with guys we have going through severe rubber smoke inhalation in Belleville.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Every time Zack Smith gets on the ice on a PP or in OT I think oh boy here comes "the all hands" team. I think he deserves a nick name .. I like Hands ... maybe he's got some German in him and we can shorten it to Hans.
Maybe Hans Schmidt

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Boro with 8 hits
4 blocked shots by Karlsson and Harpur
Pageau 4 minutes of powerplay time
Hoffman led all sens in ice time 24:22 edit* forwards
Boro was great tonight, he made so many good plays & took a number of hits to make a play to get pucks out of his end. He should have been one of the stars tonight but for some reason they don't reward hard work & great defensive play, they reward offence. Interesting to see Pageau on the PP & Duchene on the bench. Harpur had a solid game tonight too but still needs to play with much more of an edge & hit more. Smith & Boro seem to be the only guys who hit with any kind of regularity on this team, not a lot of hitting in the NHL any more.

Reactions: solidprospect

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
In Erik Karlsson's Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Year, he is now 1 point back of the NHL defenseman scoring lead

It's absolutely obscene how Karlsson can play in a system that deflates offensive production, have absolutely everything go wrong, and then (most likely) lead defensemen in scoring again.

He was only something like 0.01 points per game behind Burns last season, which is the only full season he's not lead the league in D points since his first Norris.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It's absolutely obscene how Karlsson can play in a system that deflates offensive production, have absolutely everything go wrong, and then (most likely) lead defensemen in scoring again.

He was only something like 0.01 points per game behind Burns last season, which is the only full season he's not lead the league in D points since his first Norris.

GB seems to have let up on the defensive system he was employing constantly early in the season that wasn't working & seems to now allow his players to play a much more offensive game & the players are playing better because of it. The goalies also seem to be playing better which has also been a huge problem this yr.

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
GB seems to have let up on the defensive system he was employing constantly early in the season that wasn't working & seems to now allow his players to play a much more offensive game & the players are playing better because of it. The goalies also seem to be playing better which has also been a huge problem this yr.

Also Karlsson's play has improved, Chabot is getting better and has increased minutes , Harpur is playing well .. I actually think the D right now is playing better than it has all year.

Reactions: aragorn

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Also Karlsson's play has improved, Chabot is getting better and has increased minutes , Harpur is playing well .. I actually think the D right now is playing better than it has all year.

Ceci looks like a f***ing animal out there these days. It's like Phaneuf was a weight chained to Ceci's leg.

Reactions: aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Ceci looks like a ****ing animal out there these days. It's like Phaneuf was a weight chained to Ceci's leg.
I mentioned last season that I thought Ceci was constantly covering up for Phaneuf because he was so slow to get back & how tiring that must be. Harpur is a much better skater & faster than Phaneuf (who isn't) & Ceci doesn't need to cover for him. Harpur needs to play defensively more like Phaneuf & develop a mean strreak IMO & that would make him a better player & so much harder to play against. Watching Boro live you can see how hard he is on guys driving them into the boards & he is extremely hard to play against. Ceci needs to make quicker decisions, he holds on to the puck a little too long at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad