The Magic Number Thread: Lightning clinch Divisional Playoff Spot

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Shout out to the ducks.

Now rotate all 3 goalies for the remainder of the season to get Vasy some good rest.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Now what's the number for the division?

I guess technically Boston controls their destiny, but we still have 2 games at hand. So our magic number is 16 points (including 2 wins vs BOS) if we sweep them , and then add points for every point they get out of our matchups (OTL, etc). If we draw the series with ROW they still control their destiny.

EDIT: this isn't a thorough enough explanation, there are more scenarios at play. Will try to create a table when I get a chance.

Last edited:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I guess technically Boston controls their destiny, but we still have 2 games at hand. So our magic number is 16 points (including 2 wins vs BOS) if we sweep them , and then add points for every point they get out of our matchups (OTL, etc). If we draw the series with ROW they still control their destiny.

EDIT: this isn't a thorough enough explanation, there are more scenarios at play. Will try to create a table when I get a chance.
I mean - we both do. With two head to head meetings left it's up in the air.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I mean - we both do. With two head to head meetings left it's up in the air.

We still slightly control our own destiny since we are still ahead and points but we are also ahead by one ROW. They have two games in hand though. Those 2 games that they make up may be the key here.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Whatever the theme is for playoff avatars ... saw this from poster Master P. Need this as part of it ... too good.

LETS GO BOLTS!!!
giphy.gif

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I was thinking something along the lines of "Expect the Unexpected" with sarcastic analysis of each of the players based on the shit-talking with the Leafs early in the season when they were pumping Matthews' tires.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad