OT: The Lounge Part XLIII - The Road To WrestleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
Its high no matter the salary. 40k is enough to live really, really comfortably.

Depends what you want in life.

If you want to live in an apartment, maybe own one car then yea.

If you want to own your own property, buy a nice car, go on multiple vacations a year, then $40k is tough. But again, happiness is not about money. Some people live very well with 40K and some live miserably with 400K.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Depends what you want in life.

If you want to live in an apartment, maybe own one car then yea.

If you want to own your own property, buy a nice car, go on multiple vacations a year, then $40k is tough. But again, happiness is not about money. Some people live very well with 40K and some live miserably with 400K.

If youre an overspending POS you cant live on 40k. (Ie my parents who struggle with a gross income that is probably four times that)

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
Me and my girlfriend would probably fall in the upper middle class in terms of income but we are currently tight as we are saving for our wedding this summer. So yes, depending on what you want to spend you can be well off or broke as f***.

Also, Zaide seems high maintenance so he would need over 100K for his biological tea from the southwest portion of New Zealand.

Reactions: TRG

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
I don't blame him because he based that salary expectation on charts school gives you and salary comparison websites.

According to those websites, every web dev in montreal should own a ferrari

Reactions: TRG

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
I don't blame him because he based that salary expectation on charts school gives you and salary comparison websites.

Salary websites suck because it is more likely that someone with higher salary will post his salary for the database there than someone with a lower/normal salary.

Charts from my school seem very accurate. I mean, they don't have software engineers at 200K+ per year like you'd think according to some website like you say.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal

Come on, la moyenne pour un FE c'est 60k, c'pas très Ferrari.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
At my old job they were having a hard time attracting candidates so they started giving stupid salaries to new grads (60-65k) whether you had a bachelor's degree or not. Pissed the crap out of us older dudes

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
If youre an overspending POS you cant live on 40k. (Ie my parents who struggle with a gross income that is probably four times that)

Yeah I was expecting a 40K salary when I got my job here (first job in my field) and finally, I got more so yeah, you can really put money aside for projects like Harry was saying (travel, property and stuff). You really need to spend stupidly but often, when you make more, you start getting more expensive stuff because you can afford it now.

Reactions: Harry22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->