The Logo/Uniform Design Thread.

sparkychewbarky

Jan 27, 2012
I like it. I suspect they'll probably be closer to what 51 posted, but these are good.

Maybe jw...although I still don't think that they'll go with a mostly black uni. With a similar shield logo, a black uni may be too close to the Kings. I'm thinking a grey or silver, and I thought that the dark grey, black and yellow-gold of the 2016 All-Star jerseys didn't look too bad...

2016-NHL-All-Star-jerseys-Daniel-Sedin-Shea-Weber.jpg

...swap the black and grey, add the silver "battlement" striping, throw on a "Knights" logo and bingo...
John Scott as a "Knight"...

john%20scott.jpg

...is the MVP from the 2016 ASG available? :naughty:

Here's the sweater without the black shoulders...
john%20scott%2003.jpg

...and as a "Las Vegas" alt...

john%20scott%2004.jpg

Last edited:

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
For those of you that wanted a Golden Home jersey, that third jersey is pretty nice. Not sure how it would play out in real life though.

JaySchreyer-VEG.png

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The Hockey News did a rundown of modern expansion logos.

They liked the Vegas logo and showed an astonishing lack of respect for the Thrashers logo.
Yeah, I paid $28 for a t-shirt with the Thrashers logo on it in Montreal in 2001 because I loved it:

I've never seen it online (cannot find my t-shirt on google images),... but it looked like

a4427b6129eeda108d03b89c72adee21.gif

497_1.jpg

And it served me well for over a decade. :nod:

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
Yeah, I paid $28 for a t-shirt with the Thrashers logo on it in Montreal in 2001 because I loved it:

I've never seen it online (cannot find my t-shirt on google images),... but it looked like

a4427b6129eeda108d03b89c72adee21.gif

497_1.jpg

And it served me well for over a decade. :nod:

The Thrashers uniform's color was just gross though.

CapInSask

Jan 22, 2014
Moose Jaw, Sask
I really hope that they find a way to incorporate an alternate jersey with Neon in it. Wear it like twice a year so we don't get sick of it, but could be cool. Still think OP designs are the best. The Castle looking trim is such a suttle but wonderful touch.

EDIT: Looked back in the comments a little, couple more points come to mind.

-Castle trim is on legs, waist and arms, maybe you remove it from one so it's not overwhelming, my vote is that it stays on the socks 100%, whether it stays on arms or waist is a wash for me, would probably vote that it stays arms though.

- The more I look at the 3rd jersey concept I have two thoughts: adding a little more gold would be a nice homage to the name, and the more I am not feeling the "las" above Vegas. They're primarily going by the Vegas Golden Knights, so stick with Vegas.

-Adding a little of the "desert red" to the trim could be a nice touch

*BONUS* - this is more about branding than design but my guess is that if the team lasts, somewhere in the 5-10 year range they will re-brand as the Vegas Knights, similar to the Anaheim Ducks change. Having Golden in there kind of seems awkward, and especially if the gold in their design is similarly received to Nashville's gross old yellow jerseys then it gives them more reason to drop it. Gold is tough to pull off on a uniform.

Last edited:

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
For those of you that wanted a Golden Home jersey, that third jersey is pretty nice. Not sure how it would play out in real life though.

JaySchreyer-VEG.png

I don't know if there is a final logo ... but what if someone took the main logo with the V in the center of the helmet and added a splash of red across the top of both sides of the V - just enough to make it look like eyes?

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Don't want to ruin any of the fun but with Adidas taking over NHL jerseys next year, there won't be alternate jerseys for any NHL teams in 2017-18. I wonder if that also goes for the outdoor games.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Don't want to ruin any of the fun but with Adidas taking over NHL jerseys next year, there won't be alternate jerseys for any NHL teams in 2017-18. I wonder if that also goes for the outdoor games.

I don't see why they wouldn't do outdoor game jerseys. Only a few teams do outdoor games.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
This is what I was thinking as well. If the team's name is the Golden Knights, how can you have anything else except gold as the main color of the jersey/uniform?

THIS is what I meant by having gold as the main color. You just take the color from that jersey (maybe a different template?), and just replace the green/blue/white bits with the grey/red/black combo. Boom.

Jonas1235

Jan 8, 2008
Calgary
by third jerseys they meant the TBL and NYI black jerseys etc. Not outdoor games.

I'm really looking forward to the jersey release and possible leaks in May.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
still waiting for some super-duper logo and jersey design to be presented at the 11th hour... as everything LV I have seen so far is quite average / below average / if not just bad.

especially the no "Las Vegas" for the name. major :facepalm:

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
still waiting for some super-duper logo and jersey design to be presented at the 11th hour... as everything LV I have seen so far is quite average / below average / if not just bad.

especially the no "Las Vegas" for the name. major :facepalm:

Meh, I was super against Vegas over Las Vegas, I've gotten over it.

As long as they play decent games and don't completely suck, I'm okay. It seems like Foley and McPhee are standing pretty strong on the whole "we're not going to suck" angle, and that makes me happy for Vegas. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->