The lockout is over, and the winner is ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
... Europe, and especially Sweden and Russia.

I'm so glad that the Superleague will have NHL players for the playoffs!!!

And there's also the World Championships in Austria, which will be the best WC of all time! :handclap:

Crows*

Hate to break it to you. But this lockout is't even close to beinghalf over.

SChan*

it's over for this season. horaay all nhl players stay in sweden!

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
McDonald19 said:
well for us I guess the winner is the AHL.

Should be a good playoffs with all the young stars.

Really? What if the lockout lasts 15 months. As everyone knows every AHL team is affiliated with a NHL team. And what if the parent NHL team don`t pay anymore?

Don`t expect the top 50 NHLers play in the AHL.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
habitator said:
Really? What if the lockout lasts 15 months. As everyone knows every AHL team is affiliated with a NHL team. And what if the parent NHL team don`t pay anymore?

Don`t expect the top 50 NHLers play in the AHL.

I agree.

It's not going to last.

but the 05 AHL playoffs will be good.

mackdogs*

ChiHawks468 said:
The winner is....nobody. :(
You got it.

Although very young teams will be helped as their younger players mature. Older teams will surely be devastated by this as some of their players will have played their last game. It's sad really... trying to find some good in this. Good thing soccer runs pretty much 365.

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
Rhett4 said:
I know who the loser is: us.

No, the player's are the losers, because they are going to end up playing in the NHL in a year or 2 for less than half of what they are making now. As soon as the replacements start lacing up, the NHLPA guys will start trickling back to the NHL.

ladybugblue

May 5, 2004
Edmonton, AB
Actually the real losers is the employees that make a living off of the NHL and don't make the money that the owners or players make and will now be unemployed. :shakehead

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Its definetly great for the people in europe to see the players that they developed and shipped over to N.A. playing at home again, but as a fan in N.A. im supremely dissapointed. I dont know what else to say ummmmm.......errrrrrr......Blame Bush!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->