OT 19/3: Closed for Renovations

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Yay I got to over 1,000 likes last night. Am I one of the cool kids now?

Alan Wake

It's not a loop, it's a spiral.
Dec 14, 2017
Launch day.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Hit The Lights

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
As in re-watch? Because of course the plot of season 2 won't make sense absent season 1's background.
Not necessarily re-watch, but I can see someone who has never seen the series tune in to see what the talk is about and having no idea what's going on.

For something like Game of Thrones, they spend a lot of time (multiple episodes even) at the beginning of each season catching the audience up to where all the storylines are. Westworld just sort of dives right back in with minimal recap. Some flashbacks and stuff, but Westworld also has their fuzzy timeline that jumps around.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Not necessarily re-watch, but I can see someone who has never seen the series tune in to see what the talk is about and having no idea what's going on.

For something like Game of Thrones, they spend a lot of time (multiple episodes even) at the beginning of each season catching the audience up to where all the storylines are. Westworld just sort of dives right back in with minimal recap. Some flashbacks and stuff, but Westworld also has their fuzzy timeline that jumps around.
Westworld is just such a different show than Game of Thrones that I don't think the comparison makes much sense. Game of Thrones is a pretty straightly told narrative, just one with a lot of moving parts. Westworld is almost Lynchian in the way it tries to tell its story.

I don't expect someone coming in halfway through Mulholland Drive to know what the f*** is going on, for instance. (Hell - I wouldn't expect someone watching the whole thing to know what's going on for that matter)

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Westworld is just such a different show than Game of Thrones that I don't think the comparison makes much sense. Game of Thrones is a pretty straightly told narrative, just one with a lot of moving parts. Westworld is almost Lynchian in the way it tries to tell its story.

I don't expect someone coming in halfway through Mulholland Drive to know what the **** is going on, for instance. (Hell - I wouldn't expect someone watching the whole thing to know what's going on for that matter)
I use it as a comparison because they're different. GoT was pretty newcomer friendly. Westworld didn't accomplish that I feel. It won't be an issue for binge watchers years from now, but for the live/DVR type viewers new to the show, I could see it being a turn-off.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Anyone know why I would have to keep logging into my account a bunch of times when I'm on hf? Refresh the page, have to log back in. Hit reply, have to sign in again. It's really annoying. Gonna have to sign in again when I hit post reply.

I haven't changed any settings that I'm aware of. Help me nerds.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I don't know. I'm a nerd and I have the same issue sometimes. Hasn't happened in a while, though. Something must be wrong with HFB's cookies.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
Yeah that happened to me the other day.Drove me crazy.
Don't forget to check "stay logged in"
Haven't got kicked outta here since!

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
I don't know. I'm a nerd and I have the same issue sometimes. Hasn't happened in a while, though. Something must be wrong with HFB's cookies.

Have the same problem as well. Never had this issue on the old boards. Now this keeps happening. Seems like when there's a lot of traffic it does it a lot.

Yeah that happened to me the other day.Drove me crazy.
Don't forget to check "stay logged in"
Haven't got kicked outta here since!

Yeah it's really getting annoying. It's basically making me self-reflect every time I post an "an lowly bruin" post. It's like, why don't you take a second before posting this garbage and ask yourself why you even do it. You're supposed to be an adult but you act a child. Alas, I always post it anyway.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Do people like Jeffrey Tambor again? Haven't been in the loop
No, but they were too deep into production of AD S5 to exclude him.

Transparent just got cancelled a few days ago although they fired Tambor in February. The final season won't have him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->