Pre-Game Talk: The Lehner returns, thurs 7:30 pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
Sabres are welcome to the extra point, but Lehner's "save" on the last shootout attempt wasn't a save at all. He missed the puck, was totally down and out, and Hoffman would have scored if he didn't have his feet chopped out from under him. Shouldn't that be an automtic goal? Doesn't really matter in this case, but what are the refs there for?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Sabres are welcome to the extra point, but Lehner's "save" on the last shootout attempt wasn't a save at all. He missed the puck, was totally down and out, and Hoffman would have scored if he didn't have his feet chopped out from under him. Shouldn't that be an automtic goal? Doesn't really matter in this case, but what are the refs there for?

No automatic goal, but in the even a goalie commits an infraction that would have been a minor penalty, the attempt is allowed to finish, and then if the shooter didn't score, he is given a 2nd attempt.

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
Paajarvi is like the perfect 4th line winger, actually kind of hope the team re-signs him. He’d be cheap, and hopefully by then they’ll have bought out Burrows.

Gaborik is gonna be another story though

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
No automatic goal, but in the even a goalie commits an infraction that would have been a minor penalty, the attempt is allowed to finish, and then if the shooter didn't score, he is given a 2nd attempt.
The second attempt should be on an open net, with the goalie off for tripping.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Don't worry guys, karma came back and bit Lehner on the ass in todays game against the Knights.

Seriously, watch the Knights tying goal late in the 3rd.

Lehner goes out to poke check and hilariously puts himself so far out of position. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Paajarvi is like the perfect 4th line winger, actually kind of hope the team re-signs him. He’d be cheap, and hopefully by then they’ll have bought out Burrows.

Gaborik is gonna be another story though

Paajarvi is a mystery.. IMO he needs a positive thinking guru to boost his confidence.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I'd say they are about the same... I prefer Stalberg

They're probably about the same yeah. I just really disliked Stalberg's lack of finish. He got so many amazing chances that he put right on the goalie or missed the net on. So far I think Paajarvi has produced a bit better, he's probably creating a bit less.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Don't worry guys, karma came back and bit Lehner on the ass in todays game against the Knights.

Seriously, watch the Knights tying goal late in the 3rd.

Lehner goes out to poke check and hilariously puts himself so far out of position. lol

Yea we don't need karma for Buffalo. We need them to get as much points as possible

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
They're probably about the same yeah. I just really disliked Stalberg's lack of finish. He got so many amazing chances that he put right on the goalie or missed the net on. So far I think Paajarvi has produced a bit better, he's probably creating a bit less.

fwiw, Stalberg's production is a little better. Not that it means much.. MPS has the inside track on that job and we could do a lot worse. I'd prefer him on the 4th line and for us to have better players on the 3rd line.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
fwiw, Stalberg's production is a little better. Not that it means much.. MPS has the inside track on that job and we could do a lot worse. I'd prefer him on the 4th line and for us to have better players on the 3rd line.

Yep, I'd like him on our 4th line next season too. But oh I meant production with the Sens, not career. Stalberg had 2 goals in 35 games for us (17 of those playoff games). Paajarvi has 2 goals in 20 games so far.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad