Pre-Game Talk: The Lehner returns, thurs 7:30 pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
They don't want White at 4th line C .. it makes sense to have O'Brien there.
They will trade Smith and White will play up next year .. C .. I don't know. I think he'll be up vs up and down
So you think Smith gets moved at the draft or the summer? I bet it's after January next yr. Pageau played 4th line centre once upon a time & now he's their defacto 2nd line centre. Stuff happens. So did Couturier & he's their #1 centre, it's happened before even here in Ottawa.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
So you think Smith gets moved at the draft or the summer? I bet it's after January next yr. Pageau played 4th line centre once upon a time & now he's their defacto 2nd line centre. Stuff happens. So did Couturier & he's their #1 centre, it's happened before even here in Ottawa.

Smith has no future in Ottawa. Maybe if he was getting paid 4th line money, but at that price they absolutely need to fool another GM into snagging him. We need that money for the better players and we should absolutely have White playing that position instead next year.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I don’t think you understand how bad Lehner really is in the shootout.

Nice win by him tonight though.

To put it into perspective, Lehner had 2 saves tonight. In the 16 attempts prior to tonight, he had 3 saves,

Andy has a career .676sv%, Lehner .528sv%

Of the 127 goaltenders who have faced a minimum of 20 attempts, Lehner ranks 124th.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I did not say White should play C ... I think White can play 3rd line RW no problem. I said White can bring what Smith can bring. and more. I believe that. Smith has regressed from his best days for what ever reason. He handles the puck like a grenade. He is hit and miss defensively. Smith has experience and can take face-offs and is a bigger body .. that is it in terms of pluses. I Do think they will trade Smith if they can get a 2nd for him absolutely. Probably if they get a 3rd for him. They moved Brassard... Why not move Smith if they are trying to get rid of salary.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Smith had a bad game. He doesn't bring anything now except good PK. I'm hoping he's moved before his stock fall way too low to trade him.

I'm hoping there just wasn't any sort of decent offer for him at the deadline and that's why he's still here, because otherwise Dorion will just find it harder and harder to find a trading partner for Smith. I would have gladly accepted a 3rd pick for him.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'm hoping there just wasn't any sort of decent offer for him at the deadline and that's why he's still here, because otherwise Dorion will just find it harder and harder to find a trading partner for Smith. I would have gladly accepted a 3rd pick for him.

With no 2nd or 3rd this year .. they need to get picks somewhere .. Smith is an obvious target

Reactions: Sensinitis

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
With no 2nd or 3rd this year .. they need to get picks somewhere .. Smith is an obvious target
Yes, but they have two firsts. I guess we'll see if they move him at the draft & what the return would be but I think Smith will be more valuable at the deadline more so than the draft. Smith still has three more yrs on his contract, it won't be that easy to move, I don't think. I think PD will have his hands full this summer re-signing Stone & Ceci & with whatever they decide on Karlsson & probably Ryan & then there's re-signing Duchene? I guess we'll see eventually what happens.

Last edited:

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Pretty sure he's talking about Burrows but on further examination we are actually using 3 players nobody would take for free on the PP.

The guy is on every PP and has 9 points In 55 games
Same total Boro has in 36 games with less then no PP time mind you lol

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
He is significantly better. Andy is middle of the pack, Lehner is as bad as it gets.

numbers say otherwise.

eye test, which admittedly is only watching Lehner again Ottawa, definitely says otherwise

Lehner gave them 920 goaltending last year. We'd be in the playoff race with 920 goaltending

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
To put it into perspective, Lehner had 2 saves tonight. In the 16 attempts prior to tonight, he had 3 saves,

Andy has a career .676sv%, Lehner .528sv%

Of the 127 goaltenders who have faced a minimum of 20 attempts, Lehner ranks 124th.

I started reading this thread on the last page. didn't realize you were talking shootout. yes. 100%. Andy is much better.

Reactions: MrCraigAnderson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad