Pre-Game Talk: The Lehner returns, thurs 7:30 pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
There have been many nights this yr where the good players have been terrible & the bad players were the better players. If the good players had been good all yr the Sens wouldn't be where they are now in the standings.

lol it goes without saying. Unless the « you win with your best players or you lose with them » is not true

Reactions: aragorn

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Why is burrows on the PP

He went from “we’re trying to get rid of you no one wants you” to “we need a goal get out there Alex.”

Reactions: branch

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Our bad players were never good. That’s the problem. Our depth.
I guess that depends on who you think the bad players are. Karlsson, Anderson & Ryan have all had bad seasons & they trade away Brassard who was a decent player. Hoffman hasn't been great either & Dzingel is finally coming along but before the deadline his name & Pageau's name were coming up to trade. I'm quite sure others could name a few other players who people could argue are good players for some & bad for others. It will be interesting who makes it through the summer & starts the yr here next season.

SevenOfSpades

Dec 9, 2010
One of our young centre prospects, like White/Chlapik/Brown, would look good in between Gaborik and Ryan.

Jim O'Brien looks... like he's trying his best.

Reactions: Pomee

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I guess that depends on who you think the bad players are. Karlsson, Anderson & Ryan have all had bad seasons & they trade away Brassard who was a decent player. Hoffman hasn't been great either & Dzingel is finally coming along but before the deadline his name & Pageau's name were coming up to trade. I'm quite sure others could name a few other players who people could argue are good players for some & bad for others. It will be interesting who makes it through the summer & starts the yr here next season.

This isn't making much sense to me. Guys like Pageau and Hoffman are objectively good players while Smith hasn't done zilch. I guess you could apply your argument to guys like Ryan and Brassard who are both inconsistent(Ryan especially), but whether a player is good or bad isn't subjective in general. Putting Karlsson in this conversation shows how ridiculous your argument is.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
One of our young centre prospects, like White/Chlapik/Brown, would look good in between Gaborik and Ryan.

Jim O'Brien looks... like he's trying his best.
I bet next season White is up & down a lot the way Chabot was this yr. My guess is that they start to develop him to replace Smith should they trade Smith before or at the deadline.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017

The best/most important players had below-average to bad seasons with the exception of Stone, Brassard, and Dzingel (Karl, Hoff, Ryan, Anderson, Phaneuf, Pageau, Ceci, Duchene for the first half). I think the last few weeks are closer to what the team on paper actually is though - a bubble team that relies on Karlsson, Stone, and Duchene to carry the load. (No team has success without good goaltending so that's a given that Andy must be good.)

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I bet next season White is up & down a lot the way Chabot was this yr. My guess is that they start to develop him to replace Smith should they trade Smith before or at the deadline.
IMO White can bring what Smith brings now and more.. Smith doesn't play physical any more.. White is a better player.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Hoffman pisses me off so much sometimes. He looks so nonchalant in OT and was killing the momentum all on his own with Duch and EK trying to create something.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The effort on the Reinhart and Baptise rushes makes me think Erik is looking forward to playing with Rasmus Dahlin.

Reactions: Alex1234
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad