The Last Gasp...push on to save the season talk here....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Why does every thread have to get this guy's name mentioned?

Any more references to blogs and I will close the thread.

Thanks....

Goes off to take his ulcer pills.... :banghead:

Hemooli

Jan 25, 2005
www.csfbl.com
Sigh...

Here's three relevant choruses from Queen's "Too Much Love Will Kill You"...

Too much love will kill you
If you can't make up your mind
Torn between the lover
And the love you leave behind
You're headed for disaster
'cos you never read the signs
Every time

Just as sure as none at all
It'll drain the power that's in you
Make you plead and scream and crawl
And the pain will make you crazy
You're the victim of your crime
Every time

It'll make your life a lie
Yes, too much love will kill you
And you won't understand why
You'd give your life, you'd sell your soul
But here it comes again
In the end...
In the end.

Mountain Dude

Crows said:
It is. But daly and bettman have both said that if the Union contacted them about a deal and uncancellation of the season, they would listen. Obviously.

I've heard Godenow speak, he doesn't have the intelligence to do this.

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
Then I am disappointed... cause either Gretzky and Lemieux eventually will be the ones to get something done in the end I think.

Mountain Dude

Its not gonna happen guys, its time to admit it, its over.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Smart Alek said:
And just how does that make any sense at all?

because getting people's hopes up over "reports" from sources with no credibility is inciteful and pointless. when there's actual news outlets talking about things(in the case of the THN thing) then it's newsworthy. Otherwise, it's like saying Uncle Rico told you there's going to be a deal nailed out tomorrow.

kenabnrmal

Feb 28, 2002
the beach or rink
Visit site
417 TO MTL said:
i agree, it's totally unfair and I cant believe they could do this to their own fanbase, it's bad enough that they spew lies through media channels to throw each other off, now they're making fans reopen the casket...that's horrible, can't believe this is happening

What, try and get a deal? Seriously, if this is true and genuine, how can you blame them? They aren't doing anything to the fans. They're just trying to get a deal. Is it an unfortunate byproduct that emotionally attached fans will get their hopes up again? Sure it is. But, does that mean they shouldn't try?

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
nomorekids said:
because getting people's hopes up over "reports" from sources with no credibility is inciteful and pointless. when there's actual news outlets talking about things(in the case of the THN thing) then it's newsworthy. Otherwise, it's like saying Uncle Rico told you there's going to be a deal nailed out tomorrow.

Uhh yah, but the THN article was up as proof prior to anyone mentioning blogs, so how does someone mentioning a blog that supports an already established mainstream news piece make any difference. I definitely don't see mentioning a blog in a thread that already has established sources as a reason to close the thread. Makes zero sense.

A Good Flying Bird*

futurcorerock said:
This is a lot of fun... if chronology holds up, it looks like pEKLUNDq broke this story first.. please correct me if i'm wrong, which i hope I am

Eklund?
Are you serious?
Anyone with a brain realizes that the league and PA made far too much progress to simply call it off.
Bettman, knowing the PA was falling apart and desperate to play, cancelled the season, knowing that the players would fall in line within 24-48 hours.
If the PA caves, and it looks somewhat likely, we might still have hockey.

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
nomorekids said:

I'm not disagreeing with your stance on the value of blogs... but to close a thread because they're mentioned would be the same as forcing the 'whole class' to stay after school because one kid threw a paper airplane... remember how silly that was?

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Newsguyone said:
Eklund?
Are you serious?
Anyone with a brain realizes that the league and PA made far too much progress to simply call it off.
Bettman, knowing the PA was falling apart and desperate to play, cancelled the season, knowing that the players would fall in line within 24-48 hours.
If the PA caves, and it looks somewhat likely, we might still have hockey.
you guys eat this up when the big E comes up in conversation.

Too bad you cant convey sarcasm through text, jerkasses

Mountain Dude

Doctor Zoidberg said:
Explain to me how it's over. This lockout continues untill a new CBA is agreed to.

The season. Read the thread title. Look at what we're refering to.

Doctor Zoidberg

Feb 16, 2005
Mountain Dude said:
The season. Read the thread title. Look at what we're refering to.

The thread is covering the ongoing discussions between players, agents, owners, etc. Those discussions are not over by a long shot. There are plenty of people, Steve Yzerman for one, who still believe something can get worked out. So no, the discussions to save this season are not over. If you were saying the season is over, then yes, I would have to agree.

Mountain Dude

Doctor Zoidberg said:
The thread is covering the ongoing discussions between players, agents, owners, etc. Those discussions are not over by a long shot. There are plenty of people, Steve Yzerman for one, who still believe something can get worked out. So no, the discussions to save this season are not over. If you were saying the season is over, then yes, I would have to agree.

Exactly, the season is over.

All these "talks" are just ********, its not going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->