The Last Gasp...push on to save the season talk here....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountain Dude

They both said yesterday they're going to stay out of it. :dunno:

Edit: However, the only way this can ever be settled, is through those men.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Mountain Dude said:
They both said yesterday they're going to stay out of it. :dunno:
^
Obviously. I'm sure they would look great if they said they were gonna start a secret committee to undermine the union, that would have been top drawer.

This is way too crazy, I mean there are enough reliable and semi-reliable sports related news shows and publications printing stuff. At the beginning I just shrugged it off as wishful thinking, but the Hockey News is a pretty solid publication and I usually at least moderately trust the Fan 590. Pang was up on this on ESPN as well.

Crows*

There's too much smoke here not to be fire.

So much stuff like this surfacing.

Lets hope no fire shows up until something is done.

gobuds

Mar 2, 2004
torontosportsmedia.com
Brisson on the Fan

Pat Brisson was just on the fan 590 with Mcgowan and Brunt, here is the opening dialogue:

Fan: "Pat, there are stories and rumors out there- are they true?"
PB= " Let me answer by saying this, we all woke up this morning from yesterday's cold shower, and realized the only chance to save this season and maybe this league is in the next 24-48 hours."

WOW- hard to believe- all the talk seems to be legit- lets see if the players are smart enough this time.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
This is a lot of fun... if chronology holds up, it looks like pEKLUNDq broke this story first.. please correct me if i'm wrong, which i hope I am

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
I agree those two or just one of them could go a long way to bringing this lockout to an end.

Obviously it must be a risk for them to get involved, but just look at the options.

I'll keep a 5-10% hope till the end of the week. . .

Mountain Dude

OilKiller said:
Yeah, but Bettman said yesterday the season was cancelled... :)

Who knows what is going to happen?

Is it not still cancelled?

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
it's about freakin' time. these two are the only link between the two sides. no one can take away the legacies they've left, and no one in their right mind would lose respect for them. so they really have nothing to lose, and an nhl season to gain.

Crows*

Mountain Dude said:
Is it not still cancelled?

It is. But daly and bettman have both said that if the Union contacted them about a deal and uncancellation of the season, they would listen. Obviously.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
nomorekids said:
why are they doing this to us?

this is very, very cruel and unfair.

i agree, it's totally unfair and I cant believe they could do this to their own fanbase, it's bad enough that they spew lies through media channels to throw each other off, now they're making fans reopen the casket...that's horrible, can't believe this is happening

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
futurcorerock said:
This is a lot of fun... if chronology holds up, it looks like pEKLUNDq broke this story first.. please correct me if i'm wrong, which i hope I am

Yes you are wrong, Eklund has never broken anything first...though he is usually the first to run onto his website and post something he hears reported on a radio station.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Yes you are wrong, Eklund has never broken anything first...though he is usually the first to run onto his website and post something he hears reported on a radio station.
:handclap:

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
nomorekids said:
why are they doing this to us?

this is very, very cruel and unfair.

Who cares, its not like its going to go away...come June-Sept it goings to start up all over agian....then its going to start up all over again come Dec-Feb. It will NEVER end! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad