OT: The Jukebox: What are you listening to?

member 262271

Hunky Dory and Let's Dance are mine. I listened to Bowie alot years ago, then kind of forgot about him for a while. But got back into him the last 5 years. Was such a quirky guy, but was a musical creator and had limitless talent. I have a few of his albums on vinyl. Started collecting vinyls 4 years back and now have a decent collection of 500+. Just really love my music haha.
Right on, Hunky Dory is great, certainly miles ahead of Man who Sold the World. He was a great innovator and also great at getting some good musicians to record/tour with him. My vinyl collecting has really slown down in the past 5 or so years, I was in a spot where I was buying original pressings on ebay (YIKES) - but I love my collection.

Let's Dance has some good songs, not exactly my ideal Bowie era, but it's really solid compared to what came next.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
New Album...Black Coffee... Joe Bonamassa and Beth Hart
Beth Hart's got a great set of pipes, I got a few of her solo albums. She did a killer version of "I'd rather go blind" with Jeff Beck at the Kennedy Center's Honors to Buddy Guy.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
Right on, Hunky Dory is great, certainly miles ahead of Man who Sold the World. He was a great innovator and also great at getting some good musicians to record/tour with him. My vinyl collecting has really slown down in the past 5 or so years, I was in a spot where I was buying original pressings on ebay (YIKES) - but I love my collection.

Let's Dance has some good songs, not exactly my ideal Bowie era, but it's really solid compared to what came next.
Agreed. In the late 80's and 90's his music wasn't bad, just not my cup of tea really.

What sort of stuff you got in your vinyl collection? I enjoy hitting up vinyl shops in Ottawa and Perth, and buying up decently priced used albums. usually 5 bucks or so. I have some brand new pressings that have cost me a fortune though haha. Sunrise records sells vinyls, but were talking 30,40 even some in the 50 dollar range. A bit steep for my liking.

member 262271

Agreed. In the late 80's and 90's his music wasn't bad, just not my cup of tea really.

What sort of stuff you got in your vinyl collection? I enjoy hitting up vinyl shops in Ottawa and Perth, and buying up decently priced used albums. usually 5 bucks or so. I have some brand new pressings that have cost me a fortune though haha. Sunrise records sells vinyls, but were talking 30,40 even some in the 50 dollar range. A bit steep for my liking.
Not enough Bowie thats for certain! I only have Ziggy, Diamond Dogs, Station to Station, Lodger and Let's Dance. Oh, and Tonight but that doesn't count. Hmm let's see, I'm a huge classic rock guy so I have all Zeppelin's albums, the Police, Rush, King Crimson, Yes (also like the Prog). The most expensive finds were 90s vinyl first couple Danzig albums for example were 90, 100, 120, just craziness. I guess in the 90s they destroyed a lot of old vinyl cause it was viewed as a dying format. Yeesh.

Reactions: Hogan86

kyle n00bas

Dec 10, 2017
Magic-Sam-West-Side-Soul-front-s-300x300.png

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
Beth Hart's got a great set of pipes, I got a few of her solo albums. She did a killer version of "I'd rather go blind" with Jeff Beck at the Kennedy Center's Honors to Buddy Guy.

Yep...I've watched this several times. I've only known of her for about 18 months and I can't get enough. She's doing a lot of dates in the U.S. and Europe but nothing in Canada unfortunately.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
A 12 year old singer and 15 year old guitarist playing alongside Snarky Puppy. Music has a future :thumbu:

I'll stop here.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Yep...I've watched this several times. I've only known of her for about 18 months and I can't get enough. She's doing a lot of dates in the U.S. and Europe but nothing in Canada unfortunately.
FYI I think she's playing the Windsor Blues fest this year.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009

An amazing song, the ACC DJ could learn a thing or two about good music here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->