The Josh Anderson Thread

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Yes, obviously. Not even the extremely toxic and public Johansen feud went into the regular season. A better poll would have been training camp.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Ferris seems like he has a narrative with those negotiations.
"Tobias Rieder is considering moving to KHL", "Athanasiu will go to KHL", "Sam Bennet will go to Europe", "Anderson will go to Swiss".

lilfedor

Feb 16, 2016
Cleveland, OH
I'm voting a strong yes. 90%

Just my gut feeling

Poll is open for 2 weeks

Other users can see who you vote for

With as odd as this off season has been...I truly think the following is happening.

I believe CBJ and COL have a trade in place.

However, the trade has Sakik with his choice of Anderson or one of the high offensive prospects that are currently playing in the prospect tournament.

Once the tournament ends tonight or more than likely tomorrow a trade will be announced.

We can't sign Anderson first because we don't know how much Cap space we will have after bringing on Duchene. Or, in the scenario of a sign and trade, maybe Sakik wants a longer term with Anderson but CBJ wants a bridge. Whomever retains him he will sign that contract.

Not worried about it.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
With as odd as this off season has been...I truly think the following is happening.

I believe CBJ and COL have a trade in place.

However, the trade has Sakik with his choice of Anderson or one of the high offensive prospects that are currently playing in the prospect tournament.

Once the tournament ends tonight or more than likely tomorrow a trade will be announced.

We can't sign Anderson first because we don't know how much Cap space we will have after bringing on Duchene. Or, in the scenario of a sign and trade, maybe Sakik wants a longer term with Anderson but CBJ wants a bridge. Whomever retains him he will sign that contract.

Not worried about it.

I don't think Anderson would be part of a potential Duchene trade. Colorado needs a skilled forward like Bjorkstrand, Milano, Abramov, etc. in their pipeline. Don't think Anderson would really push the needle for them, as Rantanen plays a similar type of game (albeit a bit more skilled offensively)

Be patient, this signing will get done soon

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I say yes because I can't fathom that a player with 1 year of NHL experience and 29 points last year could be willing to blow everything up in a contract dispute. 3rd liners can be replaceable. I suspect he is at day 1 of camp but if he's not I start pretending he's not on the team anymore. It sounds like there are some young and hungry kids who would love to have his spot. Paul Bittner seems to be out to prove something with his showing this week.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I don't think Anderson would be part of a potential Duchene trade. Colorado needs a skilled forward like Bjorkstrand, Milano, Abramov, etc. in their pipeline. Don't think Anderson would really push the needle for them, as Rantanen plays a similar type of game (albeit a bit more skilled offensively)

Be patient, this signing will get done soon

We have no one to replace him either. We have replacements for our skilled players/prospects. We can't trade (get rid of) all of our big/strong players.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I wouldn't think that the two sides would be quibbling over the amount on a 2 year bridge deal at this point, so I'd have to think that a longer term contract is being discussed. If he is part of a Duchene deal, the delay in signing makes sense for the reasons others have mentioned.

Or maybe Anderson just doesn't like training camp and is doing his best to miss as much of it as he can. Can't blame him for that.:laugh:

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
I wouldn't think that the two sides would be quibbling over the amount on a 2 year bridge deal at this point, so I'd have to think that a longer term contract is being discussed.

Or maybe Anderson just doesn't like training camp and is doing his best to miss as much of it as he can. Can't blame him for that.:laugh:

Watch him sign his contract immediately after the 2-mile run is completed

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
http://www.dispatch.com/sports/2017...rogress-on-josh-andersons-contract-agent-says

Conspicuously absent from the throng of nearly 60 players was right wing Josh Anderson, a restricted free agent who remains without a contract. And according to Darren Ferris, Anderson’s agent, that doesn’t seem likely to change anytime soon.

Asked how contract talks were progressing, Ferris said, “They aren’t going. The talks have stopped. Nothing is really happening, and now he’s evaluating his options.â€

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
7F4118c.gif

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
They just moved a 1st to protect Anderson, he's not going anywhere.

Some of you turn unbelievably quickly on a player who was a fan favorite a few months ago.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

Given that, I would think they would be very receptive to negotiating a fair deal. Not knowing what was on the table makes it difficult to define the bad guy here, but they need to get this done.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/...Labor-and-Agents/Definitive-Hockey-Group.aspx

I'm fishing a bit here, but what the heck.

Ferris, who is Anderson's agent, just founded his firm. He was previously with CAA (Creative Artists hockey group-CAA represents many of Hollywood's top stars).

Ferris may be using Anderson to make a name for himself. The agent who breaks the structure which severely limits RFA compensation, save for the very few of the best, is going to make quite a name for himself and his agency.

If Anderson were a UFA, he'd command a minimum of $4 million per year-even with the one year sample.

FWIW, I don't have a dog in the fight. The CBA was agreed upon by the NHLPA and the owners. The younger players seem to get the short end of the stick, so the idea of someone challenging the system seems to be reasonable. Perhaps Ferris is using Anderson as his trial balloon.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
I really like Anderson's game. I hope this doesn't turn into a grudge match.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

Johnny Jacket

Jun 17, 2014

Some of you turn unbelievably quickly on a player who was a fan favorite a few months ago.

This is incorrect! They were protecting Korpi, Johnson, Anderson and Calvert!
Lets not rewrite history to try to prove a point.:shakehead

Trading him for a #1 1/2 center is not turning on Andy, it's called giving up something to get something. Example: see Joey for Jonesey:nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->