the johnsons

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
there is a thread at the top that says weekly ncaa stats. you will probably find what you are looking for there.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Apparently Jack Johnson beat the crap out of someone this past weekend and got suspended for Michigan's next game. Sounds good.

suspended:biglaugh: do you know why. sounds a lot like norway. if you fight here you get a game misconduct. if you are stupid enough to throw your gloves (even if you dont fight) you get suspended for like 3-5 games.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
suspended:biglaugh: do you know why. sounds a lot like norway. if you fight here you get a game misconduct. if you are stupid enough to throw your gloves (even if you dont fight) you get suspended for like 3-5 games.

What are you laughing at. :)

I don't like it either but that are the rules with college hockey and in Europe.

Roger's Pancreas*

Apparently Jack Johnson beat the crap out of someone this past weekend and got suspended for Michigan's next game. Sounds good.

Was Jack Johnson ever advertised as having a mean streak?

SpaceGhost79

Mar 8, 2002
The difference this time around is that Jack's beating was endorsed by Red himself :amazed: How often do you see that from Red?

"It was a hard hit on our goalie, and I know the nearest player would have done the same thing. I couldn’t tell you if it should have been a disqualification, but it was a serious hit on our goalie, and it was a serious retaliation. You've got to protect the goalie, and we ended up coming out on the short end of that."

U-M goalie Billy Sauer was basically bowled over like a bowling pin by a Northeastern player and Jack happened to be the closest player to him. He got on him and the guy cowarded into the turtle position. Jack did what any player in the pros would do to protect their goalie, and sadly in the NCAA it gets you kicked out. The unfortunate part is that the Northeastern player who nailed Sauer was only given a two minute minor instead of being ejected for his action. Kinda bogus.

Michigan Wolverine

Aug 7, 2005
The difference this time around is that Jack's beating was endorsed by Red himself :amazed: How often do you see that from Red?

U-M goalie Billy Sauer was basically bowled over like a bowling pin by a Northeastern player and Jack happened to be the closest player to him. He got on him and the guy cowarded into the turtle position. Jack did what any player in the pros would do to protect their goalie, and sadly in the NCAA it gets you kicked out.

There are detractors out there looking for a flaw in Jack Johnson, and there are some who say that his "mean streak" is a problem. This is neither an example of a "mean streak" nor a flaw. This is what you'd want your guy to do, stick up for his teammate.

I'm ever so pleased.

Pete Rock

Oct 22, 2005
Mrs. Sauga
There are detractors out there looking for a flaw in Jack Johnson, and there are some who say that his "mean streak" is a problem. This is neither an example of a "mean streak" nor a flaw. This is what you'd want your guy to do, stick up for his teammate.

I'm ever so pleased.

There can be too much of a good thing.

I liked JJ before he smoked Downie and loved him afterward, but he did go overboard and from what I'm hearing from this thread, even protecting your goalie that way in NCAA hockey hurts your team.

I guess he misses the first of the rivalry games then.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
I think one thing that is killing JJ right now is when his temper comes up. I have no problem with him going after a guy for running his goalie. If however you are losing by a goal, you need that PP more than redemtion. I have not seen JJ show restrain in situations when he would be better off biting his tongue or just skating to the bench.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
I think one thing that is killing JJ right now is when his temper comes up. I have no problem with him going after a guy for running his goalie. If however you are losing by a goal, you need that PP more than redemtion. I have not seen JJ show restrain in situations when he would be better off biting his tongue or just skating to the bench.

On one hand those are the things that you love about JJ, but on the other I see what you're saying. I think with time he'll mature and not make the same kind of mistakes. See young Pronger, and Chelios for example

hockeyprincess

Sep 5, 2006
Kingston, ON
:dunno:

Why is he s dissapointment becuase he defended his goalie. I would do the same.

i think that Jack Johnson's a disappointment because he could have went to Carolina and won a Stanley Cup... but no! he didn't.
and for that matter, he's a prima donna... no wonder he got traded to Los Angeles where all the actors live.
I would not have traded him with Tverdovsky though.
besides, me thinking that he's a disappointment has nothing to do with what he did to Steve Downie at the WJC.

hockeydadx2*

To this day, I would trade Jordan Staal for him straight up. If he can play defense, besides be nasty, he will be invaluable in the NHL.

Staal is going to be very good, but centers like him are more easy to find.

Hockey-Freak

Apr 18, 2005
i think that Jack Johnson's a disappointment because he could have went to Carolina and won a Stanley Cup... but no! he didn't.
and for that matter, he's a prima donna
... no wonder he got traded to Los Angeles where all the actors live.
besides, me thinking that he's a disappointment has nothing to do with what he did to Steve Downie at the WJC.

Half of all posters would agree with you and the other half says he´s a great guy cause he stayed loyal to Michigan. You can´t critisize a young player if he refuses to make the next step until he feels ready for that.

Oh and btw.: If he had signed with Carolina, EVERYONE would bash him here and would say he has a bad character, because he left Michigan after giving them his word he´d stay for another year.
A prima donna a la (Washington´s) Jagr would have refused to sign three times and would then sign the fourth contract with double salary than the original contract...

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
and for that matter, he's a prima donna... no wonder he got traded to Los Angeles where all the actors live.

The more you say, the worse it gets:shakehead

Michigan Wolverine

Aug 7, 2005

Unless you're a Carolina fan, you shouldn't be disappointed by his decision not to sign since it doesn't negatively affect you.

Does it disappoint you that he is remaining loyal to his team, honoring his commitment for this year, and trying to win a national championship with Michigan instead?

How does this make him a prima donna? Do you even know what a prima donna is? He has never sought extra attention. In fact, all he wanted was for Rutherford and Carolina to honor his decision and leave him alone for a full year. Wouldn't you be a bit annoyed if you told someone not to call until next year, and they called again mid-year? Rutherford made the whole thing into an issue, not Johnson.

Lastly, your comment about the city of Los Angeles is truly ignorant, perhaps even more ignorant than your comment about retaining Tverdovsky.

mytor4*

Unless you're a Carolina fan, you shouldn't be disappointed by his decision not to sign since it doesn't negatively affect you.

Does it disappoint you that he is remaining loyal to his team, honoring his commitment for this year, and trying to win a national championship with Michigan instead?

How does this make him a prima donna? Do you even know what a prima donna is? He has never sought extra attention. In fact, all he wanted was for Rutherford and Carolina to honor his decision and leave him alone for a full year. Wouldn't you be a bit annoyed if you told someone not to call until next year, and they called again mid-year? Rutherford made the whole thing into an issue, not Johnson.

Lastly, your comment about the city of Los Angeles is truly ignorant, perhaps even more ignorant than your comment about retaining Tverdovsky.

don't mind the princess she has only been following hockey for the last 3 yrs which shows in her $%&$# remarks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->