Speculation: Tavares Tells Toronto, "I'm YOUR Huckleberry Now". Fans leaguewide mourn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Trading away our best all-around forward, a top young forward and one of our top D prospects, puts a huge hole in our team. Who replaces Schwartz? Who moves into the next D slot, Schmaltz? Who is ready to replace Barbashev?
Well, in that scenario, Tavares would probably replace Schwartz since he's better. Trading a D prospect like Walman doesn't hurt as much with Dunn and Schmaltz in the pipeline. Barbashev hasn't really does anything so far this season and his likely projection is a 3rd liner which we have quite an abundance of. The Blues have stockpiled on depth and not everyone is going to fit on the roster. Using those pieces to acquire top end talent isn't a bad option.

Again, the likeliness of this happening is really low but losing two prospects and one of our top forwards is not as big as loss as you're making it out to be, especially when it's to acquire a player of Tavares' caliber.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
You don't have to give their names, just show some point in time where your friends gave you insight we didn't have. You would think sometime in the last year and a half since you've been a member, they would have told you something that turned out to be true. But there is no evidence of that. Why should we believe anything you say? The point of my joke was that any of us can say we have sources, but that doesn't mean anything. Until we establish a track record of correct information, all the sources in the world mean nothing. Eklund says he has sources, but he is a joke of the boards.

Than you don’t comprehend what I am writing.

You used sarcasm and said the opposite of what you meant. He intentionally ignored the sarcasm and agreed with you. :facepalm: Sheesh. Let me break it down. You said : "Trade away our future and our depth at forward for Tavares...what a brilliant idea". If you ignore the sarcasm and take the words at face value, it means trading for Tavares would be a good idea, ergo we should do it. So Kirkout intentionally missed the sarcasm for humor and you keep egging him on by totally missing the joke.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
So wait...we're trading a 1st line forward+2 A/B prospects for a pending UFA?

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Pending UFAs never, ever get core roster pieces like Schwartz. The premise that he'd go the other way is absurd. We'd be talking a combination of prospects, picks, up-and-coming roster players or veteran depth.

The Isles are 2-2-1, and in the hunt...but their two wins have come against bottom-five teams in the league (Sabres and Sharks). The next month should give us an idea of what kind of team the Isles are going to be. I'd still imagine 'shi++y'.

Splatter

Sep 13, 2010
St. Louis
I'm all for making a run at him as a free agent and trading away salary to free up room for him. I'm not for trading away the future for what could be a rental. He's going to be ridiculously expensive though and more than anything the Blues have now. Him being a Blue just seems far-fetched to me. My most realistic hope is just that he doesn't go to a team I hate.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I'm all for making a run at him as a free agent and trading away salary to free up room for him. I'm not for trading away the future for what could be a rental. He's going to be ridiculously expensive though and more than anything the Blues have now. Him being a Blue just seems far-fetched to me. My most realistic hope is just that he doesn't go to a team I hate.
So if Tavares became available, and the Blues were on his list of destinations...you wouldn't want Armstrong to trade for him?

Splatter

Sep 13, 2010
St. Louis
So if Tavares became available, and the Blues were on his list of destinations...you wouldn't want Armstrong to trade for him?

Is there any indication he is? I wouldn't want to gut the roster or future unless there was a warm and fuzzy feeling that he'd sign with the Blues. I'm not sure we'll know unless it happens though.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Is there any indication he is? I wouldn't want to gut the roster or future unless there was a warm and fuzzy feeling that he'd sign with the Blues. I'm not sure we'll know unless it happens though.

We will HAVE to trade some of these prospects. They're not all going to fit on the roster unless we blow it up completely and ice the MidWest version of the Coyotes. There's simply no way to fit Thompson, Kyrou, Blais, Sanford, Kostin, Torop, Thomas, Schmaltz, Dunn, Walman, Mikkola, Musil, etc. onto the NHL roster in the next 2-3 years. I'd rather move a handful of them while they appear to be legit NHL prospects rather than see a few of them naturally fall by the wayside and lose value...especially if we can convert a few magic beans into a legitimate #1C. This is the biggest issue I have with this site - the unwillingness of posters to trade From youth to shore up actual holes on the NHL roster.

I'd trade any three of those guys without blinking for a rental who would give us a realistic shot at the Cup.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
As of right now he is an Islander with no smoking gun evidence that will change. DA wouldnt move a significant package for JT without him having a good feeling he's a long term add. Add JT to this core is going to be more impactful then the prospects. We don't have a handful of surefire blue chip. The Blues need to make their big push through the Pietrasenko core. Otherwise I fear the Blues will always be good...not great. As long as we keep 1 of Dunn/Walman and a forward prospect or 2, the Blues will be fine for the forseeable future.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
Absolutely no indication and the Blues aren’t even on his radar.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
Is there any indication that there not.....?

There aren't any teams that are on his radar right now:facepalm:

Thats why we're speculating

Actually there are teams on his radar, but he is seeing how the arena situation plays out. If the Islanders came to him today and said they aren’t going to build an arena so they are going to trade him, he would have a short list of teams ready.
Man I'm so glad we have you and your sources to tell us what Tavares is thinking.....
I’ll tell you what, get back to me when this all plays out. If he never even talks to STL, you can apologize, if he does talk to the Blues, I’ll admit my sources were wrong. I’m betting you (and a few others) wouldn’t do that, that’s why you stick to insulting people on an anonymous message board.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Actually there are teams on his radar, but he is seeing how the arena situation plays out. If the Islanders came to him today and said they aren’t going to build an arena so they are going to trade him, he would have a short list of teams ready.

I’ll tell you what, get back to me when this all plays out. If he never even talks to STL, you can apologize, if he does talk to the Blues, I’ll admit my sources were wrong. I’m betting you (and a few others) wouldn’t do that, that’s why you stick to insulting people on an anonymous message board.
Why don't you just tell us what your sources are saying. Your making it sound like you have an inside track on what John Tavares wants to do.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
Why don't you just tell us what your sources are saying. Your making it sound like you have an inside track on what John Tavares wants to do.
I already told you. The Blues aren’t even on his radar. He wants to stay on the Island but wants them to get an arena deal done and keep building the team. If not he has a few places in mind and STL isn’t one of them.

Believe it or not, insult me, whatever.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I already told you. The Blues aren’t even on his radar. He wants to stay on the Island but wants them to get an arena deal done and keep building the team. If not he has a few places in mind and STL isn’t one of them.

Believe it or not, insult me, whatever.
So the first part is common knowledge, so anybody that follows the story knows that. Lets delve into the few places on his mind. Who are they?

Reactions: RoarBacon

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

So are your sources within the Blues, or within Tavares camp? Because you have claimed Blues sources before (Your sources knew first hand Oshie was a locker room problem). Now you are now saying you know what Tavares is thinking. It must be a source within Tavares' circle or the Islanders. If the Blues aren't even on his radar yet, why would he let them know anything? If you have sources that deeply imbeded in both organizations, you should be a hockey insider, not a random internet message board poster. There are some people who insult others on an anonymous message board and some who use that anonymity to pretend to be more connected or important than they actually are. You pick the most likely outcome, and claim it is mysterious sources. Yet you don't back it up. Can't you see why we are skeptical? You come in, state something without absolute assurance, then insult anyone who questions you and cite these apparently unquestionable sources. You actually were the first one to throw an insult. Yet you have zero track record of being right about anything. The posters who have actual sources out themselves, not through insults and grandiose claims, but by being right about things they shouldn't be time and time again.

Last edited:
Reactions: RoarBacon

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands

I agree with this. I would trade off some veteran "dead weight", and go after Tavares as a UFA. But, I wouldn't trade away a bunch of highly-talented youth for him as a rental, as so many of the big stars don't want to sign long-term with a smaller and middle-market team, especially in The US Midwest. I would love for Tavares to sign with The Blues, and have them still be able to have Tarasenko, Schwartz, Fabbri, Pietrangelo, Parayko, Thomas, Dunn and Walman on the roster.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I would take open arms Tavares in Blues, but... I don't believe he'll come tho. I hope, but..

Zero expectations, zero sadness and sorrow. Oh, wait it will hurt as hell if he wouldn't come here.

Code:
Fabbri - Tavares - Tarasenko
Schwartz - Schenn -  Barbashev
Steen - Sobotka - Blais
Sandord - Musil - Thompson

anchorman-yes-jumping.gif

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
I think he'll test the open market to see if anyone is willing to give him an obsurd amount. I know bergevin isn't going to have the balls to pull the trigger on him, so I'd love for army to do it. Either team would be a win win for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad