Speculation: Tavares Tells Toronto, "I'm YOUR Huckleberry Now". Fans leaguewide mourn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
You also have to take into account that Tarasenko is comfortable where hes at. The Blues have a pretty good idea of what to expect from him. Theres a comfort level between him and the organization. When/if Tavares gets traded, you really wont know what your getting for a while. The Isles have been dreadful his whole career. And although hes a star there, it is the only home hes known. He might not be the same player when he changes environments. I also think the fact that they arent gonna have a place to call home is a huge negative for NY but a huge plus for the teams trying to attract Tavares. Thats a huge blunder that probably helps make that decision for JT. Kind a makes the Blues not having an AHL affiliate seem like a minor oversight.

Well at least just for this season we don't have a true affiliate. Starting next season we'll be fully taking over San Antonio.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Has anyone checked out the Isles schedule for October? If they don't win tonight against Buffalo they could dig themselves into a huge hole:

vs. Buffalo
vs. St. Louis
@ Anaheim
@ San Jose
@ L.A.
@ New York Rangers
vs. San Jose
vs. Arizona
@ Minnesota
@ Nashville
vs. Vegas

They may be favored in what...two of those games? I'd be shocked if they came out of those 11 games with more than 6 points.

-Aside: Why the **** is Monday's game against the Blues at 1pm Eastern?
-Aside(2): Maybe we can leave Thompson and Dunn at the Barclays Center, ship them Kostin and a pick as well and bring Tavares to our next game against the Rangers.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Has anyone checked out the Isles schedule for October? If they don't win tonight against Buffalo they could dig themselves into a huge hole:

vs. Buffalo
vs. St. Louis
@ Anaheim
@ San Jose
@ L.A.
@ New York Rangers
vs. San Jose
vs. Arizona
@ Minnesota
@ Nashville
vs. Vegas

They may be favored in what...two of those games? I'd be shocked if they came out of those 11 games with more than 6 points.

-Aside: Why the **** is Monday's game against the Blues at 1pm Eastern?
-Aside(2): Maybe we can leave Thompson and Dunn at the Barclays Center, ship them Kostin and a pick as well and bring Tavares to our next game against the Rangers.

It's Columbus Day. I'd assume that's why the day game. Luckily I'll be coming off my stretch of four so I'll be watching live.

And I'd rather not move all three of Dunn kostin and Thompson. They would also need a roster player with cap hit going to NYI. Perhaps two of those three, or even one if we include a top 6 forward. With fabbri hurt that leaves Schwartz and he's now a major part of our leadership group I think he stays. Blues just may not be in on Tavares now until free agency.

I also feel like Tavares will ride the season out then test free agency. Just a gut feeling.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
i dont trade anyone of value for him unless he agrees to a new contract

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
A. Tavares is not coming to STL, by trade or UFA.

B. Trade away our future and our depth at forward for Tavares...what a brilliant idea.:confused:

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

B. Trade away our future and our depth at forward for Tavares...what a brilliant idea.:confused:

A. ChuckLefley is just some random internet poster who doesn't know anymore than anyone else here, and offers no proof or insightful argument.

B. Keep players that don't make our team better on the chance that they may break out someday, instead of getting a proven gamebreaker...what a brilliant idea :confused:

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA

I agree with Chuck here. Depth but no top end skill hasn't been doing it for us up to this point. We have a very deep prospect pool and could afford to give up some futures + some depth for a star center. If armstrong could pull it off, that would be brilliant

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
No to any trade at this point. I'm thinking our prospect pool will yield dividends in a few years. Let's not mess with that in an effort to secure a guy who may not even like STL.

bluesman11

Robert Johnson
Mar 19, 2010
Would love to see it, just don't see it happening, I'm not sure The Blues have enough young high upside talent to spare for JT, especially with Fabbri's situation.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
And trade talks is really when the overrating of prospects is the most infuriating.

I understand if you love our prospects and everything, but to just fully dismiss the idea of trading some of them for a guy like John Tavares is pretty confusing.

Yeah, let's just refuse to trade away our "future"...none of whom will likely ever become as good as Tavares himself, but yeah, let's make them 100% off limits. That is a great idea.

Maybe it won't happen. Maybe the price will be too high. But to just already decide that you are completely against it this early? Any GM who has an ounce of credibility at least makes a pitch for a player of this caliber. Because they don't come around often.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
No to any trade at this point. I'm thinking our prospect pool will yield dividends in a few years. Let's not mess with that in an effort to secure a guy who may not even like STL.
I doubt any of our prospects will have the inpact Tavares will. He drives offense and carries the Islanders. I wouldnt trade every single prospect of worth but if push came to shove...keep one of Dunn/Walman and keep one of the potential impact forwards. That would support the current core, which is what the window is. Id be hard pressed to believe the Blues will have a better chance post Tarangelo. Tavares will help push our best chance roster. Tarasenko and Tavares are game breaking players. Play them together or seperate, it won't matter, teams will hate our top 6

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Doesn't this thread belong in the Fantasy League topic?

He's not coming. They will want somebody (could be plural) we don't want to give up and I'm not sure our cap could afford him.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Zero interest in rentals
I'm fine with trading for a player in the last year of his contract if we view him as a long term acquisition. If Tavares or Turris became available at a reasonable asset cost, and we are in a position to make a competitive offer on an extension, then that is a trade we should make.

What top UFA's have we added in recent years? Stastny, and that is because he is from the city. We don't have a problem getting players to sign extensions, we do have a problem getting players to choose to come here initially.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
You sound like your fairly certain of that. Do you have a source?

Actually I have a couple, thanks for asking.
I agree with Chuck here. Depth but no top end skill hasn't been doing it for us up to this point. We have a very deep prospect pool and could afford to give up some futures + some depth for a star center. If armstrong could pull it off, that would be brilliant
Giving up what was mentioned would give us a team of Tavares and Tarasenko and than a big dropoff for a few years.
A. ChuckLefley is just some random internet poster who doesn't know anymore than anyone else here, and offers no proof or insightful argument.

B. Keep players that don't make our team better on the chance that they may break out someday, instead of getting a proven gamebreaker...what a brilliant idea :confused:
What kind of proof should I give? Should I talk about who my sources are and then have those friends be angry with me?

Once again, having two studs and nothing else is not a recipe to win either. Of course it’s moot because he won’t be coming to STL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011

Giving up what was mentioned would give us a team of Tavares and Tarasenko and than a big dropoff for a few years.

What kind of proof should I give? Should I talk about who my sources are and then have those friends be angry with me?

Once again, having two studs and nothing else is not a recipe to win either. Of course it’s moot because he won’t be coming to STL.
Tavares to St. Louis is definitely a pipe dream but you're making it sound like we're going to trade our entire prospect pool plus half our current roster for Tavares.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Actually I have a

No no you don’t understand I was agreeing with you . I think the Blues should get Tavares

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

Please prove your "sources" that you always mysteriously cite when questioned yet are never correct. Show us one time in your post history where you predicted something due to your sources that wasn't common knowledge and turned out to be correct. Then maybe we will believe you.

Oh, and by the way, I have a good friend whose dog walker walks a dogs that was whelped with another dog, that is owned by your mom's bf, and he says you're full of it. Its a source, so it has to be correct.

Edit: Also, how can a source even know that there is no way we will get Tavares. He isn't even being shopped at this point. Did Armstrong say, he is a terrible player and I will never have him on my team no matter what the price? Or did Tavares say St, Louis is such a terrible team I will never play there? If we are one of the only teams Tavares is willing to sign for, the price could be cheap enough. I don't know how at this point, legitimate source or not, you can say it absolutely won't happen. Sounds to me like you are just playing the odds, which are admittedly low.

Reactions: RoarBacon

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
Tavares to St. Louis is definitely a pipe dream but you're making it sound like we're going to trade our entire prospect pool plus half our current roster for Tavares.
Trading away our best all-around forward, a top young forward and one of our top D prospects, puts a huge hole in our team. Who replaces Schwartz? Who moves into the next D slot, Schmaltz? Who is ready to replace Barbashev?

No no you don’t understand I was agreeing with you . I think the Blues should get Tavares
Than you don’t comprehend what I am writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad