the injury on Mattias Ohlund?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phanuthier*

Hockey_Nut99 said:
I'm glad they are done with. My guys were on Canada and the C.Rep. They are coming home to rest. Injury free. Olympica are not worth the risk. They can screw teams over. Look at Vancouver. What if Salo and Ohlund are out for a while?
Totally agree. For the slight dissapointment in Canada losing (although I did laugh when the final buzzer went), I know all the Flames players (Iginla, Regehr, Leopold) all get some rest now.

I wondered aloud before the tournament how much we really care about the Olympics. Everyone critisized Flames fans for applauding Kiprusoff from withdrawing... well it sure didn't take long to see Oiler fans wishing Pronger stayed at home, and Canuck fans PO'ed now about missing their top 3 defenseman.

I bet Vancouver will be psyched to send NHL players to, well, Vancouver Olympics in 2010 after this. ;)

ugrakarma

>/dev/null
Jan 28, 2006
boonies, Finland
Hockey_Nut99 said:
I'm glad they are done with. My guys were on Canada and the C.Rep. They are coming home to rest. Injury free. Olympica are not worth the risk. They can screw teams over. Look at Vancouver. What if Salo and Ohlund are out for a while?

Jyrki Lumme has been playing quite well in Finland. :D

SopelFan*

Hockey_Nut99 said:
The Czechs moved on my friend.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Phanuthier said:
Totally agree. For the slight dissapointment in Canada losing (although I did laugh when the final buzzer went), I know all the Flames players (Iginla, Regehr, Leopold) all get some rest now.

I wondered aloud before the tournament how much we really care about the Olympics. Everyone critisized Flames fans for applauding Kiprusoff from withdrawing... well it sure didn't take long to see Oiler fans wishing Pronger stayed at home, and Canuck fans PO'ed now about missing their top 3 defenseman.

I bet Vancouver will be psyched to send NHL players to, well, Vancouver Olympics in 2010 after this. ;)
What happened to Big Game Iginla? ;) I guess I shouldn't talk though because Pronger was equally bad.

escapist

Feb 18, 2006
GiganticSnake said:
Kiprusoff, Norström, Lehtonen and a bunch of other players are examples of why players shouldn't be in the NHL.
I second that. Hockey needs international tournaments with all the best players.

Phanuthier*

Cerebral said:
What happened to Big Game Iginla? ;) I guess I shouldn't talk though because Pronger was equally bad.
Maybe he left it in Tampa in 2004 :)

Yeah, definatly, pot calling kettle. Only Brodeur and Richards were good. Everyone else was either terrible or embarassing.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Phanuthier said:
Maybe he left it in Tampa in 2004 :)

Yeah, definatly, pot calling kettle. Only Brodeur and Richards were good. Everyone else was either terrible or embarassing.
I'd argue that Smyth was pretty decent given his ice time. He set up St. Louis with a great pass today that just about resulted in a goal. Smyth, Brodeur and Richards were the only three that really impressed me at all. :(

Hockey_Nut99

oops. Big screw up saying C.Rep were out. Common, hurry up. Get kicked out!!

Phanuthier*

Cerebral said:
I'd argue that Smyth was pretty decent given his ice time. He set up St. Louis with a great pass today that just about resulted in a goal. Smyth, Brodeur and Richards were the only three that really impressed me at all. :(
I'd probably rank it this way (scale 0-5, 5 being the best)

5 - no one
4 - Brodeur, Richards
3 - Doan
2 - Smyth (didn't go to the net enough IMO), St Louis, Redden, Regehr (I didn't notice him, so I guess he was ok :) ), Bouwmeester, Blake
1 - almost the rest (yes, put Iginla in there)
0 - Bertuzzi, Pronger (sorry, maybe he was injured, but he was terrible), Lecavlier (why does he always try to make a fancy play)

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Cerebral said:
Iggy played very well IMO,at least he was throwing the body,driving the net and causing some havac. Pronger played like a pilon,didn't hit,gave the puck up and took a stupid penalty in the last minute to take away any chance to tie the game.

I guess his injured foot somehow got attached to his brain :sarcasm:

ugrakarma

>/dev/null
Jan 28, 2006
boonies, Finland
T@T said:
Iggy played very well IMO,at least he was throwing the body,driving the net and causing some havac. Pronger played like a pilon,didn't hit,gave the puck up and took a stupid penalty in the last minute to take away any chance to tie the game.

It's believed that some of the dinosaurs had an auxiliary brain located near their rear legs so I guess this foot injury was something of this nature.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
SectionX said:
we're going to use kronwall.

Just make sure he's hot a knee brace on.

Wings want him back in the same condition which he arrived.

How does that work for medals, anyways? if Sweden medals, do both
Oland and Kronwall get one?

SChan*

octopi said:
Just make sure he's hot a knee brace on.

Wings want him back in the same condition which he arrived.

How does that work for medals, anyways? if Sweden medals, do both
Oland and Kronwall get one?

it seems that Ohlund is ok afterall.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
T@T said:

Give me a break. Iginla wasn't the worst Canadian out there but he didn't "play very well." He got first line icetime with Sakic, Gagne and Heatley as linemates all tournament long and he didn't do anything outside of the first game. he created some havoc but it didn't have any outcome on the games outside of the first one versus Italy. I was simply mentioning this as the common response to a "Iginla is sucking this year" thread is the "wait, he steps it up in big games" argument.

That might have been true in last season's playoffs but he certainly didn't step up for Canada this year (although no one else did either).

Phanuthier*

I think Iginla's play today moved him up from "pathetic" to "terrible" :)

nameht

Dec 3, 2005
Vman said:
Are you sure?
I heard he had 3 cracked ribs
CBC just reported that the xray's came back negative for ohlund on cracked ribs...maybe just bruised

Magnus Fulgur

Nov 27, 2002
Della Rossa of Switzerland held and pushed Ohlund down and then rode him into the boards. The play was a penalty imo, and was reckless and irresponsible at best, and intent to injure at worst. The refs in this game weren't calling anything, and Ohlund's injury is a direct result of the reckless play in the game.

twelve

May 19, 2005
Toxostoma Rufum said:
Della Rossa of Switzerland held and pushed Ohlund down and then rode him into the boards. The play was a penalty imo, and was reckless and irresponsible at best, and intent to injure at worst. The refs in this game weren't calling anything, and Ohlund's injury is a direct result of the reckless play in the game.

At least the ref and the Swedish players have more sense than you.

Gozer

Sep 22, 2005
Västerås
nameht said:
CBC just reported that the xray's came back negative for ohlund on cracked ribs...maybe just bruised

I don't really know what a bruised rib is (translation?), but it seems like he have a fracture on it. It's not broken, but he was quoted saying, "It feels like I have been run over by a train".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad