The Hockey News Top 50 Prospect Rating...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Balej's Dance said:
Fair enough and good points. I think Ryan is the third best player and I can certainly see him going to CHI. Staal was a reach, but I felt Florida needed a Dman with the plethora of solid forwards. Pouliot's a center right? ATL is a possibility.

You'd really want Hanzal? Being soft and lazy as one of the posters mentioned and his penchant for avoiding hits, I'd think you'd be better off going for Lat or Skille.

I don't know if NYR could pass up Pouliot, especially at 6. The guy brings it all to the table as a 1st line forward. That's exactly what the Rangers need... not to mention they emphasize speed which is something Ryan lacks.

fred2792

Nov 3, 2004
Ste-Therese
Balej's Dance said:
Fair enough and good points. I think Ryan is the third best player and I can certainly see him going to CHI. Staal was a reach, but I felt Florida needed a Dman with the plethora of solid forwards. Pouliot's a center right? ATL is a possibility.

You'd really want Hanzal? Being soft and lazy as one of the posters mentioned and his penchant for avoiding hits, I'd think you'd be better off going for Lat or Skille.
Our right about Florida, they need a defencemen but they just have to choose the best player available and trade one of Huselius, Berglund or Kolnik to get a stay at home defencemen. Add Pouliot to Horton, Olesz, Stewart and Weiss, it's look very good.

The 9th pick is a little to hight to get it. I was just figure who we could take around our spot and if we go around the 10th pick, Bouret will be the men. Last year, Timmins have a list of 12 players he want in the first round and I presume that Bourdon, Bouret and Latendresse should be on his list this year. If we go the 20 spot, Devin Setoguchi is interesting to. I really hope we'll have a draft this summer...

About Hanzal, from what I see, he play well. He's a big center with offensive instinct, lot of skill and have a good World Under-18 Championships. I so tire to ear about our lake of size in the middle on top line that if we have the chance to draft one with that kind of potentiel, I be really happy with. Still more with Kopitar... :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad