THE HOCKEY HALL OF FAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Roy Of Ottawa

HOCKEY HALL OF FAME
Oct 4, 2017
You're not going to find a bigger goaltender fan than me, and I specifically love Don Beaupre.

If Don Beaupre is elected to the Hockey Hall of Fame, then the HHOF ceases to be a hall of fame.

Well Don Beaupre is listed as a contender for the Hockey Hall of Fame on the hall of fame website because he had over 250 career wins. He had 268, but he had more losses than wins.

The contenders
http://www.hhof.com/htmlInduct/ind17prolog_firstYearEligibility.shtml

Don Beaupre's stats
http://www.legendsofhockey.net/LegendsOfHockey/jsp/SearchPlayer.jsp?player=18213

The Roy Of Ottawa

HOCKEY HALL OF FAME
Oct 4, 2017
Top 15 Worst 1,000 Point Scorers In NHL History

http://www.thesportster.com/hockey/...-Distribution&utm_campaign=TS-FB-B&view=lista

01. Dale Hunter
02. Pat Verbeek
03. Ray Whitney
04. Patrick Marleau
05. Bernie Nicholls
06. Dave Andreychuk (2017 Hockey Hall Of Fame Inductee)
07. Alexei Kovalev
08. Brian Bellows
09. Vincent Damphousse
10. Glenn Anderson (2008 Hockey Hall Of Fame Inductee)
11. Doug Weight
12. Dino Ciccarelli (2010 Hockey Hall Of Fame Inductee)
13. Rod Brind'Amour
14. Phil Housley (2015 Hockey Hall Of Fame Inductee)
15. Dave Taylor

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

http://www.thesportster.com/hockey/...-Distribution&utm_campaign=TS-FB-B&view=lista

01. Dale Hunter
02. Pat Verbeek
03. Ray Whitney
04. Patrick Marleau
05. Bernie Nicholls
07. Alexei Kovalev
08. Brian Bellows
09. Vincent Damphousse
11. Doug Weight
13. Rod Brind'Amour
15. Dave Taylor

imo, damphousse and brind'amour are the clear best players on this list.

players not on that list that i would put below them: mcdonald, larmer, mogilny, tkachuk, nieuwendyk, and i'm not convinced that rod gilbert doesn't belong there too but that's not a guy i watched.

players i'd put on par with vinnie and rod the bod: propp, mullen, smith, hossa, alfredsson, and is it insane to say darryl sittler too?

i also think hunter has a pretty good case as being the better (or at least more well-rounded and therefore more valuable) player than verbeek, whitney, and taylor. tempted to put him above marleau too but i think that's going too far.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton

01. Dale Hunter
02. Pat Verbeek
03. Ray Whitney
04. Patrick Marleau
05. Bernie Nicholls
07. Alexei Kovalev
08. Brian Bellows
09. Vincent Damphousse
11. Doug Weight
13. Rod Brind'Amour
15. Dave Taylor

Quit using Sportster they produce garbage content especially when talking about hockey

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
Simmer is the most deserving to get in the hall followed by Mogilny,Kerr,Dave Taylor

The Roy Of Ottawa

HOCKEY HALL OF FAME
Oct 4, 2017
Mike Liut should definitely be inducted into the Hockey Hall Of Fame. He will get in in a weak year when there are not enough more qualified players to get in. Like what happened in 2002.

Legends of Hockey -- NHL Player Search -- Player -- Mike Liut

• Most Wins (239) by a Goaltender in the 1980s decade.
  • Most Shutouts (22) by a Goaltender in the 1980s decade.
  • Most Games Played (544) by a Goaltender in the 1980s decade.
  • Most Minutes (31597) played by a Goaltender in the 1980s decade.
  • The Lester B. Pearson Award (1980-1981)
  • NHL All-Star (1980-1981; 1986-1987)
Mike Liut - Wikipedia

Last edited:

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
imo, damphousse and brind'amour are the clear best players on this list.

players not on that list that i would put below them: mcdonald, larmer, mogilny, tkachuk, nieuwendyk, and i'm not convinced that rod gilbert doesn't belong there too but that's not a guy i watched.

players i'd put on par with vinnie and rod the bod: propp, mullen, smith, hossa, alfredsson, and is it insane to say darryl sittler too?

i also think hunter has a pretty good case as being the better (or at least more well-rounded and therefore more valuable) player than verbeek, whitney, and taylor. tempted to put him above marleau too but i think that's going too far.

Mogilny finished tied for goals once and in the top ten for goals three times (and in the top ten for points twice). He was a surprisingly effective player defensively when he tried to be.

I think Damphousse is kind of underrated, but I don't see how he was better than Mogilny. He never finished in the top ten in any offensive category, and while he placed fourth in Selke voting once, he didn't have any other high finishes in Selke voting.

Mogilny's peak was definitely better than Damphousse's and he certainly had more raw talent. I don't think I'd put him behind Damphousse.

Last edited:

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Also, Kovalev's main problem was consistency. In terms of hockey talent, he was in another universe than guys like Andreychuk, Verbeek and Ciccarelli.

The Roy Of Ottawa

HOCKEY HALL OF FAME
Oct 4, 2017

The Roy Of Ottawa

HOCKEY HALL OF FAME
Oct 4, 2017
Look what happened in the years that Wayne Gretzky and Patrick Roy were inducted, because Wayne Gretzky is the greatest player of all-time, and Patrick Roy is arguably the best goaltender of all-time, if not Martin Brodeur. There were 5 inductees in 1999, and Wayne Gretzky was the only inductee from the player category, because, I'm assuming, the voters played the "Gretzky is peerless" game. Legends of Hockey - Induction Showcase - 1999 Induction

Then in 2006 they inducted Patrick Roy with a player from a different era, because Patrick Roy is "peerless." That player was Dick Duff from the 50s-60s and early-70s. Legends of Hockey Net - An official web channel of the Hockey Hall of Fame . They also inducted the deceased coach, Herb Brooks.

I think the Hockey Hall Of Fame voting committee will play this game again in 2018 with Martin Brodeur being the only inductee in the player category, or they will vote to induct players from a different era with Brodeur, because Brodeur is "peerless" and they will induct a female player as well, and a coach.

MY PREDICTION

THE 2018 HOCKEY HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES

01. Martin Brodeur
02. Lorne Chabot
03. Jayna Hefford
04. Bryan Murray

The Contenders
Legends of Hockey - Induction Showcase - 2016 Induction Eligibility

Last edited:

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
Liut and Federko were stellar performers. Ricky valve could score from anywhere. He was run out if the league and retired out of A pre expansion 21 team mil. League at just age 32.

Damphouse and brindamour were very good players and arr very underrated.

Is Larry Hillman better then Bobby Baun?

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
THE TOP 67 FORMER NHL PLAYERS WHO SHOULD BE IN THE HOCKEY HALL OF FAME

03. Pat Verbeek
06. Peter Bondra
12. Rod Brind'Amour
24. Esa Tikkanen
27. Claude Lemieux
28. Dale Hunter
29. Ray Ferraro
30. Guy Carbonneau
33. Doug Weight
34. Doug Wilson
37. Brian Propp
41. John Vanbiesbrouck
These dozen I've certainly appreciated in terms of all-time great talent they bring to a hockey game.

Dirty_Dozen_FSMCD1004.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad