OT: The HFB update and GDTs... See Post 32 for how to change the white background

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Where is the cancel......if you quote someone then change your mind?
Do we really have to scroll all the way down to post?
I'm not spoiled and life isn't all about convenience, but things should be relatively easy.......I'm kind of stupid. Lol. Took me a long time to learn what lol was.

Pistachio

I love your mother
Sep 10, 2013
As a web developer myself, I'm glad they made this upgrade. You know all those stories you hear about people getting hacked and big sites having major leaks? It's often because of outdated software.

Every day there's new bugs and security issues being figured out, and web developers are constantly racing to fix them as fast as possible. Now, with this in mind, there has to be a point where you just can't feasibly support older versions of your software. A bug is discovered, and you have to go update 40 versions of your software? That's just not gonna work. And if I'm right, the old version hasn't been supported for quite some time making it very risky for the users.

Reactions: Jeff Groten

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
It kind of hard to find the 3-5 actual Ranger threads that I enjoy. This board is bordering on a waste of time for me at this point in time. I dont usually complain about anything free but if I wanted to talk Mets, Giants, NYC visits, etc I wouldn't look for a Rangers board. I just want Ranger game threads and Rangers player talk usually. Really need the ability to ignore threads added back to enjoy the board like I used to in the past. Have to skip down half the page to hope to see Rangers talk.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
anyone else having this problem this morning? when i go back to the nyr board all of the thread titles are missing. you can see who created the threads and go to the last post but don't know what thread it is...close and re-open chrome and they reappear. its happened 3 times

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Give it time. Bugs will be worked out, changes will be made. You will reach a point where seeing the old forums will feel like a blast from the past.

At least our profiles didn't get wiped out like in 2002.

I was out of town and it still bothers me that my profile shows up as a March 2002 member. It's stupid, I know, but it is what it is.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Give it time. The positives to Xenforo outweigh sticking with vBulletin. Please understand that everything as you see right now may not be that way in the future.

For those who hate the bright white look, there is a Chrome extension you can add which will allow a custom background.

Here are the instructions on how to change that
Do the positives outweigh the negatives for the user, or for Crave? For me, this is different and I've found far more things I dislike than changes I like. I understand the business aspects of it though.

Reactions: Revel

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Do the positives outweigh the negatives for the user, or for Crave? For me, this is different and I've found far more things I dislike than changes I like. I understand the business aspects of it though.

Crave and I think eventually for the user as well. There are definitely some growing pains, no doubt about that.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Here is what the site looks like with the alternative background:
upload_2017-10-5_13-25-54.png

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I appreciate the work people have put into customizing things through browser plug-ins and all that, but we still desperately need a new theme or two. I do most of my browsing on mobile and things still look like garbage.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Is it just me or has the board gotten really laggy since last night (or perhaps it was the season starting and more people posting?)

Typing a new post sometimes freezes and there's a lag in the words appearing as typed. Scrolling sucks, sometimes it won't reload well, etc.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Also, Crave likes this system with the notifications and social aspects. That drives participation and content creation. The same for the enhanced media sharing abilities. More people participating more regularly and creating and sharing more content makes the community more valuable.

In theory. It's making me question my sponsorship which I've had for a decade. Pretty awful change in my book.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I don't know if it's my computer acting up but I have this problem where sometimes when I edit a post or try to make a post the screen goes white and nothing happens. Anyone else experience this?

Reactions: NickyFotiu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad