OT: The HFB update and GDTs... See Post 32 for how to change the white background

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
All of the bugs and quirks will get worked out and everything will be fine. The old boards were antiquated and ran like shit anyway. I'm not in love with this but it's not that bad.

Reactions: Kane One and Krams

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
It's approaching a decade since vBulletin 3.X was end-of-lifed. From a security standpoint, it's not really acceptable to be running it at this point.
Also, Crave likes this system with the notifications and social aspects. That drives participation and content creation. The same for the enhanced media sharing abilities. More people participating more regularly and creating and sharing more content makes the community more valuable.

Guffawstev

Apr 26, 2012
This is red and blue text.
This is Courier New text.
This is small and big text.
This is a header cellThis is a header cell
[TR1][TD]This is a left aligned cell[/TD][TD1]This is a centre aligned cell[/TD1][/TR1][TR2][TD2]This is a right aligned cell[/TD2][TD]Left aligned[/TD][/TR2][TR1][TD1]Centre aligned[/TD1][TD2]Right aligned[/TD2][/TR1]

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/help/bb-codes
----
@Loffen
Looks like its working now?

Last edited:
Reactions: Placid and Loff

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
This is red and blue text.
This is Courier New text.
This is small and big text.
This is a header cellThis is a header cell
[TR1][TD]This is a left aligned cell[/TD][TD1]This is a centre aligned cell[/TD1][/TR1][TR2][TD2]This is a right aligned cell[/TD2][TD]Left aligned[/TD][/TR2][TR1][TD1]Centre aligned[/TD1][TD2]Right aligned[/TD2][/TR1]

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/help/bb-codes
----
@Loffen
Looks like its working now?
Hopefully it'll be doable with some adjustments, yes. If not, making a GDT literally from scratch every couple of days would be... tricky :)

Reactions: Guffawstev

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
My 2 cents.....I don't like it at all. Doesn't FEEL like a community anymore. Not sure if that makes sense or anyone else agrees.....it's also very confusing to me......maybe I'm Pejorative Slured, but doesn't seem to be easy to navigate. Regardless of security issue, I'm not liking it .....so sorry.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
It's not that things aren't working, it's just that writing code is so much more labor intensive and cumbersome than before. Here's an example. In the past, with tables, the delimiter was |. So you could do 2|4|6|-2|10 and that would give you five unique cells. You could then hit enter and that's all it took to start a new table row. Now each individual cell needs a [^td][/^td] tag around it as the "delimiter" (minus the carrots). Then a new row starts when you put in the new row tags, headers get their own tags, etc. You can't even just center a table by throwing the center tag at the beginning and end--you can apparently only center the contents of each cell and that requires a tag for every single cell. It's f***ing absurd. And the worst part of that it has to be one continuous string of text. You can't space anything out for your own ease of editing. I converted one table of mine and it took well over an hour even using Excel to replace the delimiter for the tags. And then to go in and edit individual stats I'd have to parse through a literal brick of code the equivalent to multiple paragraphs. The f***ing thing doesn't even accept blank cells!

And then, unless you actually manually type out tags to do things like URL placement, colors, sizes, etc., they get lost one copying and pasting. Like if you take something and change things using the editor instead of actual tags then copy that and paste it into a new post, the formatting is lost. It's just such a poorly implemented system that it makes tables and the stuff Loffen does incredibly unfriendly for the user. We're getting new table code but that's only a small portion of what Loffen does.

In general the board seems to be okay after the change, but the customization features within individual posts are a f***ing joke. Fortunately the webmaster is aware and seems to be taking steps to help adjust it.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Also, Crave likes this system with the notifications and social aspects. That drives participation and content creation. The same for the enhanced media sharing abilities. More people participating more regularly and creating and sharing more content makes the community more valuable.

I understand your point but when I'm finally able to find the few threads I like it seems like less people have been posting in them. I had quote notification on the old board plus I was able to click on ignore to non Ranger threads that I had no interest in.,

Reactions: Revel

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Jesus no. I need Loffen's high quality GDTs

Me too, we all. It's part of the culture around here. It was high class and truly unique. We're friched if that's so.

My 2 cents.....I don't like it at all. Doesn't FEEL like a community anymore. Not sure if that makes sense or anyone else agrees.....it's also very confusing to me......maybe I'm Pejorative Slured, but doesn't seem to be easy to navigate. Regardless of security issue, I'm not liking it .....so sorry.

this. GO BACK TO OLD FORMAT! Looks like an app, and of course it's done to cater to the smartphone users. They seem happy with it. Me, it gives me a headache. Haven't been reading or posting much since the change.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
NYRFANMANI, there is no going back. We have to live with it. The best we can do is lobby for features we want added (Like ignore threads!) and some skins.

I would LOVE for them to take away the "Like" feature, as well...but I doubt that will happen. It's a bad feature in many ways.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Yeah, all that white on the right side. Could enlarge it though and white slides away. It's just wasted space.......

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I understand your point but when I'm finally able to find the few threads I like it seems like less people have been posting in them. I had quote notification on the old board plus I was able to click on ignore to non Ranger threads that I had no interest in.,
I am withbya' Nicky. Seems like very much less.....we will see if that continues when season starts. Hope I can get used to this. We need wbb back. Lol.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad