Player Discussion The Henrik & Daniel Sedin Discussion - Part IV | Encore for 2019?

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
The Sedin Thread is always interesting... to me, it's a place where logic and reason seemingly fly out the window in favour of some strange and very flawed arguments. Not at all uncommon to see things like cherry-picking of stats, examples of outmoded thinking such as concepts of 'playoff players vs. non-playoff players', sample size fallacy and possession straight up being ignored when it's convenient. But alas, we continue. :laugh:

At this point I just hope that the Sedins are around long enough to outlast this regime and that they won't have done too much damage to this franchise. Would love to see them win a Cup with this organization.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Start this thread off on page 1 with a not so bold prediction...

The Sedins' current contracts will not be their last with the Canucks organization.

canuckfromtoronto

Hutton Chops
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
I would love to just see them win a cup with us, but if not so be it. They are such classy people and my favourite representatives for our organization.

Archangel

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
Two of the greatest canucks on or off the ice and they should retire canucks in four years. We have not had a lot of class acts in our organization and we should treat them like they have treated us

Domecile

Opinion != Fact
Jul 9, 2014
Delta
The Sedin Thread is always interesting... to me, it's a place where logic and reason seemingly fly out the window in favour of some strange and very flawed arguments. Not at all uncommon to see things like cherry-picking of stats, examples of outmoded thinking such as concepts of 'playoff players vs. non-playoff players', sample size fallacy and possession straight up being ignored when it's convenient. But alas, we continue. :laugh:

I think you just described HFBoards lol.

I wish we could trade these fantastic human beings.
They deserve another legitimate chance at the cup.

vanuck

Dec 28, 2009
I think you just described HFBoards lol.

Maybe, but usually you can count on threads like Armchair GM and the majority of other Player Discussions to have some semblance of sanity for the most part. But the Sedin thread? Hell no. :laugh: Though to me it's getting better overall... just a few bastions of Illogic and Unreason left here and there.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
The irony is that it is precisely because they are such great human beings and representatives of the organization that the debate gets illogical at times...
Any hint of criticism is met with such a massive rebuttal that the rebuttal to the rebuttal becomes equally extreme. It is a thread of extremes and worthy entertainment.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Maybe, but usually you can count on threads like Armchair GM and the majority of other Player Discussions to have some semblance of sanity for the most part. But the Sedin thread? Hell no. :laugh: Though to me it's getting better overall... just a few bastions of Illogic and Unreason left here and there.

unique points?

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
If 3 on 3 is approved, we should actually keep the Sedins. They are already superior with a 4 on 4 format. Take 2 guys off the ice and it's like playing in an international rink. We just need a really good QB. Maybe even look into signing Ehrhoff now.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
The irony is that it is precisely because they are such great human beings and representatives of the organization that the debate gets illogical at times...
Any hint of criticism is met with such a massive rebuttal that the rebuttal to the rebuttal becomes equally extreme. It is a thread of extremes and worthy entertainment.

This.

Tthey have had a good run after a so so start to their careers and have been very good players but each player has holes on their resumes when compared with other great players and they aren't winning a SC any time soon and their contracts make a trade unlikely as well.

also while they are twins, thus part of their novelty, Hank has aged considerably better since the Duncan Keith hit on Daniel, no 2 ways about it.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
This.

Tthey have had a good run after a so so start to their careers and have been very good players but each player has holes on their resumes when compared with other great players and they aren't winning a SC any time soon and their contracts make a trade unlikely as well.

also while they are twins, thus part of their novelty, Hank has aged considerably better since the Duncan Keith hit on Daniel, no 2 ways about it.

Novelty, maybe only if you are shallow.
Yes isn't it amazing that you age better when you brain is not ****ed up by a hit?

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010

has the distinction of being the most filled HERO chart in the database. meaningful only in that daniel is/was a ****ing amazing hockey player

Love

Feb 29, 2012

has the distinction of being the most filled HERO chart in the database. meaningful only in that daniel is/was a ****ing amazing hockey player

Someone should get that hero chart framed.

vanuck

Dec 28, 2009
They'll have it on the Canucks

Lmao Hero chart telling me Daniel Sedin is the bets goal scorer in the NHL, top of kek

Over that timeframe (2008-10) yes he was one of the most efficient goal-scorers in the league.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Over that timeframe (2008-10) yes he was one of the most efficient goal-scorers in the league.

that line was indisputably the best line in the league for a few years

bowie: its not saying he was the best goal scorer. its saying he was the among the best players

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Efficient is a cop out for feasted on Edmonton/Calgary in regular seasonx3.

They'll have their chance to prove to me they're the best we'll ever have in about 2/3 years

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Efficient is a cop out for feasted on Edmonton/Calgary in regular seasonx3.

They'll have their chance to prove to me they're the best we'll ever have in about 2/3 years

and other players in the league didn't feast in Calgary and Edmonton? Henrik Sedin in 2009/2010 had the most even strength points since Mario in the 90's. it's hilarious seeing the pathetic excuses on here.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
how is bowie horvat a homer to the point of satire until it comes to the one singular thing he can be a homer about

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->