The Greatest Photos in the History of Hockey

nukfan94

Aug 25, 2011
Victoria, BC
What do you think is the greatest photograph ever taken in the history of the NHL, or in the history of hockey in general? Try to pick just one. I'm curious to see the diversity of choices from different people.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
I think the objective answer is Bobby Orr in the air, but...

NoMoreRats.jpg

...that's my favorite.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
i love the toothless grin of clarke in that stanley cup picture - just pure happiness

Rob Scuderi

Sep 3, 2009
charlie-gardiner-wheelbarrow.jpg

Wikipedia said:
During the Stanley Cup parade, Chicago defenseman Roger Jenkins carted Gardiner in a wheelbarrow around Chicago's business district after a pre-playoff bet.[38]

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
and, for sheer classic weirdness...
gary-mark.jpg

If that doesn't say the 1980s right there...........

You've got Gary Coleman looking like an actual kid at the height of his "Different Strokes" popularity and you've got Messier drinking a beer no one under 40 would be able to recognize the shape of. I always wondered the story behind that picture, was Coleman just going into the Oilers dressing room for some autographs?

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
I know the video of him ecstatic is more popular but you don't even need to put a caption to this picture either, everyone can remember where they were as an NHL fan at that point.

View attachment 80861

Trottier

Very Random
Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Visit site

Truly iconic. Never gets old. :nod:

Ya, thats a Classic for sure.... And Ive always liked this one of Gretzky & Smith

BvG37.jpg

Never saw a single player get into the head of an entire team like Smith did in that SCF demolition, spring '83. Wayne was the greatest player on earth and a champion just 12 months later. But for that very short series, he was a petulant child, as was Anderson and other Oilers. It was delicious to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad